Are you a little stuck on writing your wedding vows (it better not be the night before your wedding…)? Confused on what to put on the front of your Save the Date’s or wedding invitations? Do you need some wedding anniversary quotes or wedding day quotes to give your better half on that special occasion?
Fret no more!
Below is a compilation of some of the most beautiful and heartwarming wedding quotes. So if you are struggling to find the right words to let your soulmate know that you love them, do not worry about it. We got your back!
1. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “Being in love is simply a presentation of our pasts to another individual, mostly packages so unwieldy that we can no longer manage the loosened strings alone.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
3. “For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
4. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Suess
5. “The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.” – Judith McNaught
6. “Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades. But to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, now that’s a real treat.” – JoAnne Woodward
7. “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life? To strength each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” – George Eliot
8. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” – Nicole Krauss
9. “They loved each other, not driven by necessity, by the “blaze of passion” often falsely ascribed to love. They loved each other because everything around them willed it, the trees and the clouds and the sky over their heads and the earth under their feet. Perhaps their surrounding world, the strangers they met in the street, the wide expanses they saw in their walks, the rooms in which they lived or met, took more delight in their love than they themselves did.” – Doctor Zhivago/Boris Pasternak
10. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” – Fawn Weaver
11. “When two people meet and fall in love, there’s a sudden rush of magic. Magic is just naturally present then. We tend to feed on that gratuitous magic without striving to make any more. One day we wake up and find that the magic is gone. We hustle to get it back, but by then it’s usually too late, we’ve used it up. What we have to do is work like hell at making additional magic right from the start. It’s hard work, but if we can remember to do it, we greatly improve our chances of making love stay.” – Tom Robbins
12. “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make on your wedding day, and over and over again and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband.” – Barbara De Angelis
13. “There’s a big difference between falling in love with someone and falling in love with someone and getting married. Usually, after you get married, you fall in love with the person even more.” – Dave Grohl
14. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate then when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
15. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
16. “I wasn’t sure that love could survive everything we put it through, but you were. You were sure, you were always sure.” – Boy Meets World
17. “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.” – Corinthians 13:7
18. “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.” – Paulo Coelho
19. “People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.” – Dr. Seuss
20. “We need a witness to our lives. There’s a billion people on the planet… I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you’re promising to care about everything. The good things, the
bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things… all of it, all of the time, every day. You’re saying, ‘Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness.” – Shall We Dance?
21. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me.” – Roy Croft
22. “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up, it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. It is about appreciation.” – Osho