The couch tends to become a close friend while pregnant. Growing a human is tiring, and we end up watching more TV than usual.
If you can relate and are looking for a good recommendation list, look no further. There’s a good chance you have seen most of these movies before. However, you will start to look at these favorites differently now that you’re a mom. We have chosen movies with pregnant women, movies with babies, and movies about parenting. Also included in our list are several documentaries.
- What To Expect When You’re Expecting- This movie proves through the lives of five interconnected couples that life does not always deliver what is expected, even when planned.
- Baby Mama- Everything seemed perfect for this successful, single businesswoman until she finds out she is infertile. Dreaming of being a mother, she hires a working-class woman to be her unlikely surrogate.
- Father of the Bride Part II-A loving father discovers that he will not only soon be a grandfather, but that his wife is unexpectedly pregnant too.
- The Back-up Plan- A woman meets the man of her dreams right after having twins through artificial insemination.
- Junior-Some scientists will do anything for research, even if it means carrying a baby in his own male body.
- She’s Having A Baby- Pregnancy will show these newlyweds just how unprepared they are for their future together.
- Labor Pains- To avoid being fired from her job, a young woman in this movie pretends to be pregnant and continues the lie for nine months.
- 17 Girls- A pregnant teenager makes a pact with 16 of her friends to be pregnant together.
- Juno- Another teenager with an unplanned pregnancy has to decide what she will do with her baby.
- First Comes Love-This 41-year-old woman decides to have a baby on her own and learns the definition of family.
- Nine Months- A man avoiding commitment finds out his longtime girlfriend is pregnant and has to choose what kind of lifestyle he wants.
- Life As We Know It- After their mutual best friends die, two single adults become caregivers to the orphaned baby.
- 3 Men and a Baby- Three men are left to take care for one of the guys’ girlfriends.
- Raising Arizona – In this movie, a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop steal one of another family’s quintuplets. Afterwards, their lives become a lot more complicated.
- Baby’s Day Out- Baby Bink was kidnapped but seems to be smarter than the three criminals who cannot take care of the little guy.
- Baby Boom- After a woman inherits a baby from a distant relative, her life is thrown into turmoil.
- Mr. Mom- A man has to switch roles with his life after he is laid off. While his wife returns to work, he becomes a clueless stay-at-home dad.
- The Boss Baby- This adorable cartoon showcases a suit-wearing, briefcase-carrying baby. Together with his older brother, he tries to stop the dastardly plot of the CEO of Puppy Co.
Even though some movies on this list have children much older than a baby, we think you will enjoy watching them with the perspective of a fellow parent. This can be a great way to visually see what you want to do as a parent, and what you do not want to do.
- Cheaper By The Dozen- This father of twelve must handle his crazy crew while his wife is on a book tour.
- Freaky Friday- Mother and daughter relationships can be rough, especially with this overworked mother and dramatic teenager. But when they switch bodies on accident, they are forced to understand each other.
- Raising Helen- A childless young woman is forced to change her life when she suddenly becomes the guardian of three children.
- Parenthood- A midwestern family is dealing with several problems in their lives: estranged relatives, pressures of the job, marital stress, and learning how to parent.
- Mom’s Night Out- The husbands watch the children while their wives are out for a crazy night.
- Grown Ups- Five good friends and their families reunite for a Fourth of July holiday weekend.
- Parental Guidance- A couple agrees to watch their three grandchildren when their type-A helicopter parents need to leave town for work. Parenting styles collide as they are used to their old school methods of raising children.
- Daddy Day Care- Two men are laid off and forced to become stay-at-home dads. They journey through a new adventure that leads them to start their own day-care center.
- Big Daddy- A lazy law school grad accidentally becomes the caretaker of a five-year-old.
- Jersey Girl- An unexpected event led this single man to take care of his precious daughter without her mother.
- One Born Every Minute- Shown from the perspective of the parents-to-be and the staff, this documentary shows the drama and emotion of a maternity unit.
- Babies- This movie showcases four babies from around the world, from Mongolia, Namibia, San Francisco, and Tokyo.
- The Great Sperm Race- Exactly as it sounds, this movie is about the 250 million competitors in the most extreme race on earth.
- 40 Weeks- Through personal interviews of real moms, this movie reflects on each week of the pregnancy experience.
- The Beginning of Life- Created to learn what separates us and what is essential to all of us, this movie investigates how we can create a better society by investing in the first years of our lives.
These movies for pregnant women can be viewed for pleasure or with hopes to get some pregnancy tips. Whatever the reason, take this time to relax and have some fun! PS. It’s perfectly acceptable to have some (healthy) snacks while watching.