Baby bottle sterilizers are a necessity, particularly for newborns who are less than a year old and for babies with special medical needs. By destroying a significant percentage of germs and bacteria on baby bottles and other accessories like breast pumps, sterilizers help ensure that the baby’s immune system isn’t compromised or overloaded. In this article, we’ve put together a list of the ten best baby bottle sterilizers in the market. Take a look at the products that made it to the list and see if anything may be just right for your requirements.
Baby Bottle Sterilizer FAQ
In this section, you’ll find the answers to some commonly asked questions about baby bottle sterilizers.
1. What Is a Sterilizer?
A sterilizer is a machine or a unit that can be used to sanitize and disinfect objects like feeding bottles, breast pumps, pacifiers, and other small toys that a baby typically comes into contact with on an everyday basis. Some sterilizers can also be used to sanitize other daily objects like keys, TV remote controls, and even smartphones or tablets.
2. What Are the Kinds of Sterilizers?
Sterilizers can be electrical or non-electrical. The former version needs to be used in conjunction with a microwave. It uses the heat from the microwave to convert the water in its base unit into steam and then sanitizes the contents using the steam the generated. An electrical sterilizer has its own heating plate, which helps convert water into steam when the unit is plugged into a source of power. Some other innovative varieties also use ultraviolet rays instead of steam to sanitize baby bottles.
3. How Do You Use a Baby Bottle Sterilizer?
When it comes to microwave-friendly sterilizers, you need to pour the suggested amount of water into the tray, arrange the bottles and accessories into the chamber above it, and close it before placing it into a microwave. Thereafter, you should run the appliance at high temperatures for the suggested duration to sanitize the bottles. As for electrical sanitizers, you need to pour the required amount of water onto the heating plate, place the bottles and other parts in the appropriate trays, and lock the unit shut before turning it on. The duration depends on the cycle you choose.
4. Where Can You Buy Baby Bottle Sterilizers?
You can purchase baby bottle sterilizers from online marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, Target, Overstock, or Home Depot. Alternatively, if you have a specific brand in mind, you could purchase it from the manufacturer’s web store or from their retail outlet.
How We Reviewed
In order to find the best varieties of sterilizers in the market, we spoke to several experts and mothers of newborns to identify the products that are widely trusted and used.
We then sorted through the top few models to identify the ten best baby bottle sterilizers, based on factors like the speed and effectiveness of sterilization, the value for money, the capacity, and the mechanism involved. Having selected the top ten, we proceeded to review them by exploring their main features, their pros and cons, and their price and warranty information. Toward the end of our review, we also arrived at an unbiased verdict on the best baby bottle sterilizer.
Overall Price Range of the Best Baby Bottle Sterilizer
The price range of baby bottle sterilizers can vary from as low as $40 to as high as $200 or more. Several factors influence the price of sterilizers, like the capacity they come with, the quality of materials used, the kind of construction involved, and the method of operation (electrical or non-electrical). A higher-priced model typically runs on electricity and can accommodate more bottles and parts.
What We Reviewed
- Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer
- Papablic Baby Bottle Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer
- Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
- Wabi Baby Touch Panel Dual Function UV Sterilizer & Dryer
- Baby Brezza Baby Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer Machine
- The First Years Power of Steam Electric Steam Sterilizer
- Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer
- Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
Wabi Baby’s sterilizer uses steam to kill over 99% of harmful germs on baby bottles. It features a design that includes a heating plate at the base, with an air rotor above it. The bottle chamber sits atop the base unit and is covered by a BPA-free lid. The chamber can easily fit up to 8 standard-sized bottles. A countdown timer allows you to track the process easily. You also get to pick from drying sessions of 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Using this unit is extremely easy as well. Additionally, the plus version comes with added functions like one-button descaling, a storage option, and memory settings.
- Last-setting memory feature
- Smart sensor for auto-shutoff
- Descaling feature prevents calcium build-up
- 3-in1 cleaning, drying, and storage functions
- Takes up quite a bit of space
- Relatively more expensive
- COMPLETE CLEAN: Penetrating steam at a higher temperature than your dishwasher for reliable sanitization.
- 3-IN-1 DESIGN: With one twist of a dial, you can sterilize with steam, dry completely with hot air, and deodorize to clean from start to finish.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Set-up the sanitizer with three different stacking options to clean up to 11 bottles and accessories like teethers, pacifiers, and plastic toys at once.
This electric sterilizer is equipped with an easy, one-dial control system that allows you to choose between three functions, namely the sterilizing, drying, and extra-drying options. It destroys over 99% of the germs, bacteria, and microbes present on the bottles. The unit is made entirely from BPA-free materials, and it is spacious enough to accommodate up to 11 bottles. The sterilizing cycle is quick and takes just around 6 minutes while the sterilize and dry options together take around 45 minutes. If you choose the sterilize and extra dry option, you’ll need to wait for around 65 minutes till the cycle is complete.
- Quiet operation
- Intuitive timer and auto-shutoff
- Simple operation mechanism
- Ample space for bottles and accessories
- Bulky design
- Short power cord
- Uses natural steam to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria without chemicals
- Sterilizes baby bottles and other baby products in just 2 minutes
- Measuring 6.5 by 11 inches, it fits in most microwave ovens; safety clips keep the lid securely closed and side grips stay cooler for safe handling
With a BPA-free construction that’s durable and safe to use, this microwave steam sterilizer sanitizes your baby bottles and accessories in a matter of a few minutes. The cycle takes around 2 minutes in a 1200-1850W microwave, around 4 minutes in an 850-1100W microwave, and around 6 minutes in a 500-800W unit. The sterilizer can hold bottles with standard and wide necks and has enough space to hold up to 4 Philips Avent bottles. If you keep the lid unopened after the cycle is done, the contents remain sterile for up to 24 hours. The design also comes with stay-cool safety clips on the lid.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Quick and easy to use
- Effective sterilization of bottles and accessories
- Compatible with low and high wattage microwaves
- No drying option
- Comparatively smaller capacity
No products found.
Like most other steam sterilizers, this unit from Tommee Tippee also only uses a heating plate and some water to sanitize your baby’s feeding bottles. The quality of the parts used to construct this sterilizer is top-class, and the materials are all free from BPA and phthalates. Operating the sterilizer is also extremely smooth as you simply need to push the single button on the front of the base unit after you’ve poured in the water and set up the bottle chamber. This unit also offers chemical-free sterilization that kills around 99.9% of all the germs and microbes present on the feeding bottles and accessories.
- Quick, 5-minute sterilizing cycle
- 24 hours sterility if the lid remains unopened
- Easy, one-button operation
- Short power cord
- Only fits around 4 to 5 bottles
- Uses natural steam to sterilize baby bottles and other baby products, killing 99.9% of germs and bacteria without chemicals
- Sterilizes in just 6 minutes; then automatically shuts off for energy savings and safety
- 3-in-1 adjustable modular design fits a variety of bottles, pacifiers, pumps and accessories and takes up minimal countertop space
With a simple design that’s easy to use and store, this electric sterilizer is a must-have in every home with a newborn. The 3-in-1 design can be adapted to various sizes to suit your requirements, and the chemical-free sterilization process only takes around 6 minutes. It is capable of accommodating six 11-ounce Avent bottles at full capacity and kills over 99% of the germs on bottles, pumps, and accessories. An auto-shutoff feature helps save energy and adds to the safety of the unit. Additionally, if you leave the lid on after sterilization, the contents remain sanitary for up to 24 hours.
- Extremely easy to operate
- Quick sterilization cycle
- Small footprint
- Reasonably priced
- No drying cycle
- High-maintenance heating element
- Advanced Ultraviolet Sterilizers – Designed with a simple touchscreen that lets you sterilize, dry and store items with a single touch, sanitize bottles or devices in just 30 minutes while eliminating germs and bacteria.
- Multipurpose UV Sterilization – A gentle, low-heat system this is more than a bottle sterilizer. It produces UV rays that safely and effectively sterilize jewelry, remote controls, iPads or tablets, electronic devices, sunglasses and more.
- Space-Saving Sterile Storage – Once items have been sterilized you can use our sterilizer for baby bottles, kitchen wares, or electronics as a storage space that continually and automatically keeps them clean and germ free.
Wabi Baby’s UV sterilizer and dryer features an innovative design that makes use of UV-C rays to disinfect the contents. The appliance is ETL-certified for the US and Canada and is also FCC and EMC tested. Its interiors include two racks with abundant space to accommodate several items like multiple bottles, keys, smart devices, and cutlery. The unit sterilizes the contents using dual UV bulbs that kill over 99% of household bacteria and flu viruses.
Over and above that, the system also dries the objects inside at low temperatures using an efficient dual ventilation system. Additionally, an easy-to-use touch panel accommodates all the controls, making it easy to use the appliance.
- Temperature display in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
- 180-degree door swinging action for easy access
- Low heat drying prolongs life of bottles
- 8-hour sterile storage options
- Quite expensive
- Takes up a lot of countertop space
- Automatically sterilizes and dries bottles, pump parts and other accessories in 1 easy step – saving you time
- Uses natural steam to effectively sterilize; Products stay sterile for up to 24 hours when left in the unopened sterilizer
- 4 in 1 functionality: Use as Sterilizer Dryer, Sterilizer Only, Dryer Only or Storage System
Made entirely from BPA-free parts, this machine is versatile and comes with several functional options, such as sterilize only, dry only, and sterilize and dry. Interestingly, the central rack, which holds up to 6 bottles, can also be used independently for countertop storage of bottles and accessories that are not in use. The operation is also quick and easy as the sterilizing cycle only takes around 8 minutes. Meanwhile, the drying cycle can be set to 30, 45, or 60 minutes depending on the kind of load inside the chamber. An LCD control panel on the front of the base unit comes with easy, one-touch button controls.
- Easy to operate
- Multiple functions to choose from
- Small footprint
- Prone to countertop leaks
- Bottom plate isn’t rust-free
No products found.
Engineered with Steam Tower Technology that directs the steam inside each individual bottle, this sterilizer is simple to use and easy to clean. It comes with a built-in drying rack and with trays that can be independently removed to air-dry sterilized bottles and parts. The construction is BPA-free, and the machine sterilizes each part completely, inside and out. It can also be used to destroy common household bacteria on items like pacifiers and small toys. And the best part is that the entire sterilization cycle is completed in less than 15 minutes.
- Easy loading and unloading
- Generous interiors
- Quick sterilization
- Reasonably priced
- No in-built drying option
- Takes up a lot of space
- Lightweight, compact microwave baby bottle sterilizer with heat-resistant handles
- Open-away latch prevents steam burns
- Holds up to 4 bottles and 2 breast pump shields at once
This unit from Munchkin sterilizes bottles and other parts when placed in a microwave. It destroys over 99% of germs and bacteria on bottles, breast pump parts, pacifiers, and other small toys and accessories. The base tray has enough space to contain around 4 to 5 baby bottles and around 2 to 3 small parts or accessories simultaneously. The bottles can be standard or wide-mouthed varieties. As for the compatibility, this sterilizer can be used with most regular-sized microwaves.
- Quick, 2-minute cycle
- Open-away latch eliminates steam burns
- Heat-resistant handles
- No steam vents
- Condensation makes the process messy
No products found.
If you’re looking for a quicker and more affordable way of sterilizing your baby’s feeding bottles without going through the hassle of purchasing a new machine, these micro-steam bags are just what you need. These bags are made using food contact-grade materials, and they abide by the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations. They’re easy to use, and all you need to do is add 60ml of water to a bag, place the bottles inside, seal the bag, and microwave on high power for the prescribed duration. Depending on the wattage, the duration extends from 1.5 to 5 minutes.
- Each bag is reusable up to 20 times
- Convenient and hassle-free usage
- Value for money
- Travel-friendly sterilization option
- Only fits a few parts at a time
- Hot right out of the microwave
gif source: giphy
In the microwave steaming category, the Philips Avent sterilizer is the best choice available. It’s quick to sterilize, easy to store, and reasonably priced. The downside, if any, is that there’s no drying option. If you’re intent on buying an electric sterilizer, then Papablic’s sterilizer and dryer is a good alternative to consider. It comes with an added drying function and includes generous interiors that accommodate over 10 bottles. And for all of this, it’s also quite affordably priced. Alternatively, if you’re interested in a more travel-friendly product, the micro steam bags from Medela check all the right boxes.
atured Image via Amazon
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API