Do you want your baby to be safe from the sun this summer? Then you may want to invest in a reliable baby sunscreen. Today we are reviewing a popular baby sunscreen on the market today, the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray.
The Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50, 6oz Spray Bottle offers UVA + UVB protection. This baby sunscreen is water resistant for 80 minutes. It is pediatrician and dermatologist tested, and it offers broad spectrum SPF 50 protection. There is no PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances, or nano-particles in this sunscreen. This sunscreen is cruelty free.
Things To Consider When Purchasing…
- Contains 2 6-oz Sunscreen Bottles
- REEF SAFE: Made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Formulated without: Paba, phthalates, parabens, fragrances or nano-particles
When purchasing the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen, there are a few things you will need to consider. The first question that you should consider is do you have a young baby that needs protected from the sun? If so, you may find the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen to be exactly what you’re looking for. It is safe for young babies and does not have any PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances, or nano-particles. It is also waterproof for 80 minutes, so you won’t have to worry about it washing away when your baby plays in the water. Here are some other things to consider.
- Do you have other kids who need protected from the sun? If so, you may want to try kids sunscreen. Kids sunscreen is more mild than adult sunscreen and it does not contain many chemicals. Keep in mind, though, that many kids and even adults have used this sunscreen. So unless for some reason your kids cannot use this sunscreen, this product is a great choice.
- Are you worried about applying chemical sunscreen onto your little one? You won’t have to worry when you apply this sunscreen on your baby. This is a mineral-based sunscreen which means it is made from minerals, not chemicals.
- Is your baby an infant? You are not supposed to apply sunscreen on your infant until he or she is 6 months old. Babyganics recommends talking with a doctor if your child is under 6 months old. However, many customers have used this product on infants and have had no issues. Still, it is probably best to discuss with a doctor about it or not use sunscreen until your baby is older.
Who Should Buy This Product
Are you looking for an affordable baby sunscreen that does not contain harmful chemicals? The Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen is a good choice. This mineral-based sunscreen is water resistant for 80 minutes, and it comes in the form of a spray. Not many sunscreens are sprays, so that is what makes this product extra unique. You will still need to rub it into the skin, but you won’t have to squeeze it out of a tube or bottle.
Another nice feature and reason why you should buy this product is that it is cruelty free. Some sunscreens are tested on animals, so it is an extra bonus that this one isn’t.
Also, if you like to shop for organic items, you will appreciate that this sunscreen is organic. Once again, not many sunscreens are so this is definitely a nice feature. Lastly, if you don’t want to spend too much money on sunscreen, this product is for you. You will be receiving two bottles of organic sunscreen, so the price is pretty good. Some sunscreens that only come with one bottle are at this price or even higher. All in all, this is a great product to try.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
Do not buy or apply this sunscreen if your baby (or whoever will be using the sunscreen) is allergic to this product. The ingredients are Zinc oxide (11.2%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, VP/hexadecene copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexaglyceryl Polyricinoleate, Polysorbate 80, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Citric Acid, Squalane, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Lecithin*, Polysorbate 60, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, and Sorbitan Isostearate.
Keep in mind that although this is a spray, you will still need to rub it in just like you would with a lotion. Many customers were not aware of that, and were disappointed when the sunscreen came out like lotion. Also, a lot of customers said that this sunscreen made their skin look white, and, as they described it, like a ghost. They also said that it made their skin sticky. This is probably because it is a mineral sunscreen, and it is not made to absorb into the skin. This is a good thing, but it can make your skin appear white and sticky. So if you are not wanting white or sticky skin, this is not for you.
Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50, 6oz Spray Bottle
- Contains 2 6-oz Sunscreen Bottles
- REEF SAFE: Made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Formulated without: Paba, phthalates, parabens, fragrances or nano-particles
If you are wanting a natural, organic, cruelty free, and water resistant baby sunscreen, you may want to try this product. It is a mineral-based sunscreen, which means there are no harmful chemicals. Many customers with sensitive skin liked this product because their skin did not become irritated. Adults liked this product too.
What makes this baby sunscreen unique is that it is a spray. While you still have to rub it onto your skin, you won’t have to squeeze it out of a tube. Customers commented that this sunscreen was much easier to apply due to its spray.
Keep in mind that this product has a few drawbacks. One disadvantage is that it can make your skin sticky. This is because it is a mineral-based sunscreen and it is not made to absorb into the skin like chemical sunscreens do. While this is healthier (it won’t damage your cells and cause cancer), it also means that the sunscreen will stay on top of your skin. Because the sunscreen is sticky, this means that your skin will also become sticky.
Another con is that your skin may appear white when this is on. Many customers described it as “ghostly white looking”. Once again, this is because it does not absorb into your skin. The color of the sunscreen is white, so it will be white on your skin as well. Besides these two cons, this is a great product to try. You get two bottles of sunscreen at a very affordable price.
Pros and Cons
- Made in the USA
- Cruelty free
- Water resistant for 80 minutes
- Can make your skin sticky
- Your skin may appear white
- A few customers still got sun burnt
Features and Benefits
The Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen has many features and benefits. I’ll go over some of them here.
It’s a Spray
Not many sunscreens come in the form of a spray. Most sunscreens come in either tubes or bottles. You usually have to pump it out as you would with lotion. With this product, you simply spray it on. Note that you will have to rub it into the skin, as it is a very thick, white sunscreen. But customers thought that it was much easier to apply since all you had to do was spray it on your baby’s skin and not waste time squeezing it out of a tube.
Pack Of Two
This baby sunscreen comes in a pack of two (each bottle weighs 6 ounces). Not only will you be getting two bottles, but also each bottle weighs a lot. You won’t have to worry about using up this sunscreen all in one day, as many customers have with other sunscreens.
Because you will be getting two, this baby sunscreen is definitely at a great price. Like I mentioned earlier, many sunscreens that only come with one bottle are the same price as this one, if not more expensive. Also, other sunscreens are usually only 3 ounces. So for an affordable price, you are getting two, very large bottles of sunscreen.
Another nice feature of this baby sunscreen is that it is organic. Not only are organic sunscreens healthier and more natural, but they also provide better protection against the sun. Each time you lather some of this sunscreen on your baby or yourself, you will know that what you are applying is safe and healthy for you.
Water Resistant For 80 Minutes
Not all baby sunscreens are water resistant for 80 minutes, so this is definitely a nice feature. You won’t have to worry about this sunscreen coming off each time your baby goes swimming. Make sure that you reapply the sunscreen after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, and make sure you towel dry your baby before reapplying.
Social Proof From Amazon
I’ve scoured the internet for customer feedback for the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen. Here are some customer comments off of Amazon about this product:
“This is such a great product! My little one loves it outside and I find myself regularly applying and reapplying sunscreen. I love that this is a safe, very effective, and yes easy to use sunscreen. It rubs in easily and the spray application makes it a little easier to apply sunscreen on a one year old. He is extremely fair skinned and has not had a sunburn yet with this product.”
“Love this sunscreen – sprays easily, spreads easily on skin, nice light rose scent (not overpowering), and lasts several hours. We apply in the AM before sending our kid to preschool, and the preschool teacher reapplies at noon, and thus far our LO’s skin has remained baby soft and burn/tan free. Also love that it is physical sunscreen (as opposed to chemical), so I feel like this is a safe option for babies/toddlers. The bottle is also double-capped for travel purposes – if the outer cap comes off during travel, there is still the inner cap to protect the spray bottle from leaking sunscreen all over. Brilliant!”
If the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen isn’t exactly what you are looking for, there are many other products to try. Today I’ll go over three other baby sunscreens you may be interested in: The Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen, the Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger, and the Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen. To see all ten of the best baby sunscreens on the market, click here.
Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen
- 3-fluid ounce tube of Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 provides baby with superior sun protection against harmful UVA & UVB rays to help prevent sunburn
- Specially formulated baby mineral sunscreen lotion is made with naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide and contains Purescreen Technology to absorb, reflect and scatter dangerous sunrays
- This baby zinc sunscreen is made with a unique tear-free formula so it won't sting eyes and is free of fragrance, parabens, phthalates, dyes and irritating chemicals
The Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen is a mineral sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 50. It will protect your baby from harmful UVA and UVB rays. This comes in a 3 ounce tube. The Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen contains naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide. This baby sunscreen is made to absorb, reflect, and scatter dangerous sun rays. It is made with a unique tear-free formula so it won’t sting eyes. It is also free of fragrance, parabens, phthalates, dyes, and irritating chemicals.
This product is specially formulated for baby’s delicate skin. The Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen has been awarded National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. This is a hypoallergenic sunscreen that is dermatologist-tested and designed to be water-resistant for 80 minutes. How is this product different from the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen? Let’s take a look.
Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen vs Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen
- The Neutrogena sunscreen only comes in 3 ounces.
- Babyganics sunscreen is much cheaper.
- Neautrogena is a lotion.
Overall, the Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen is a great baby sunscreen to try if you are looking for a safe alternative. It is dermatologist tested, safe for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, and has even been awarded National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. Of course, no product is perfect. This baby sunscreen is much more expensive , and you don’t get near as much as you do with the Babyganics sunscreen. But besides these two cons, this is a great product to try. You can find out more about it by clicking here.
Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger
- SIMPLY THE SAFEST SUNSCREEN FOR BABIES - Badger sets the standard for simple safe baby sunscreens that protect your infants and toddlers. This broad spectrum mineral sunscreen has only 7 simple ingredients: non-nano zinc oxide, organic sunflower oil, organic beeswax, sunflower vitamin E, organic chamomile, organic calendula, and organic seabuckthorn. Pediatrician tested, gluten-free & hypoallergenic this all-natural baby sunscreen is perfect for your babies delicate skin.
- PROTECTS WITH THE MINERAL ZINC OXIDE - Badger’s SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen Cream uses our original non-nano, large particle zinc oxide. This mineral stays on top of your baby's skin, scattering and absorbing UVA & UVB rays, and won’t absorb into their bloodstream. Naturally water and sweat resistant for at least 40 minutes it's perfect for the beach, pool, and light activities. The light chamomile & calendula scent is calming and relaxing.
- REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN - Safe for coral means safe for your baby too! Badger sunscreens are made without oxybenzone or any chemicals shown to harm coral or humans. All Badger sunscreen lotions and creams are top rated for safety and efficacy by the EWG sunscreen guide. This eco-friendly biodegradable mineral sunscreen protects you without endangering marine life.
The Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger offers broad spectrum protection from UVA and UVB rays. It uses Zinc Oxide, and does not contain oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreen agents. It is water resistant for 40 minutes. This product contains organic sunflower oil, beeswax, and Vitamin E. It has been pediatrician tested and approved safe for babies and kids. This baby sunscreen is also hypoallergenic, which means it is safe for sensitive skin. This is cruelty free as well.
Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger vs Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen
- Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger is only water resistant for 40 minutes.
- Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger only comes in 2.9 ounces.
- Babyganics sunscreen is slightly more expensive, but you get more sunscreen.
The Baby Sunscreen Cream by Badger is a safe alternative to try if you are looking for baby sunscreen. As you can see, it is similar to the Babyganics sunscreen in many ways. It is organic, safe for sensitive skin, and cruelty free. However, there are also a few differences between this product and the Babyganics sunscreen. First, this sunscreen is only water resistant for 40 minutes. Second it is slightly cheaper but you only get 2.9 ounces. All in all, this is a great product to try. Click here to check it out.
Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen
- #1 Pediatrician recommended sunscreen brand; Protect your baby's skin from the sun with this gentle and hypoallergenic sunscreen that’s free of PABA and dyes; Use and reapply as directed
- Delivering broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, this mild, non-irritating sunscreen is visible wherever it's sprayed, ensuring proper coverage; Protects baby's skin from up to 98% of the sun's most damaging UV rays
- Hydrate and nourish skin with added moisturizers and Vitamin E Stays on strong in the water (water resistant 80 minutes)
The Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen is a mild, non-irritating sunscreen that is hypoallergenic and gentle. It is free of PABA and dyes, as well as harmful chemicals. Similar to the Babyganics sunscreen, this is a spray that comes in a pack of two, and each bottle weighs 6 ounces. It is made to protect your baby’s skin from up to 98% of the sun’s most damaging UV rays. It is water resistant for 80 minutes. Let’s take a look at how this is different from the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen.
Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen vs Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen
- Coppertone sunscreen is slightly cheaper in price.
- The Coppertone sunscreen is not as sticky as the Babyganics sunscreen.
- Coppertone is does not leave as much of a white residue.
Overall, the Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen is a great product to try. It is safe to use, and has hardly any cons. It is cheaper than the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen, and it does not leave as much of a sticky, white residue. To find out more about the Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen, click here.
The Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50 comes in a 6 oz spray bottle. It offers both UVA and UVB protection. This baby sunscreen is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. There are no PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances, nor nano-particles in this sunscreen. It is also cruelty free so it has not been tested on animals. You will be able to see the white where your apply it, but that also means it’s doing its job of blocking the sun rays out. I hope my review of the Babyganics Mineral-Based Baby Sunscreen Spray can help you decide if this is the baby sunscreen for your family!
For more information, check out the rest of our baby sunscreen reviews.
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API