Are you having trouble sleeping as a pregnant woman? Then you may want to invest in a pregnancy pillow. Today we are reviewing the Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape by, Back Support.
The Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape by, Back Support is a U shaped pregnancy pillow, also known as a full body pregnancy pillow. The pregnancy pillow cover is made from 100% cotton, and the filling is polypropylene. This maternity pillow is over sized, which allows you to stretch. It can help prevent discomfort and pain that is associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, lower back pain, ankle pain, and more. This pregnancy pillow is very comfortable to sleep in, as well as read in, watch TV in, and even nurse your baby.
This prenatal pillow will help support your neck, shoulders, back, hips, and stomach. The cover is hypoallergenic. This total body pillow features a zipper, which allows you to remove the cover to wash. It is machine washable. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
- check Hypoallergenic cover
- check Machine washable
- check Good length
- HEAD TO TOE SUPPORT – Inner cover: polypropylene. This generously oversized multifunctional U shape body pillow is long enough for you to stretch out and provides equal support to both sides of your body. The hour glass inner curves and contours to your entire back while aligning your hips for neutral joint positioning. Also, helps relieve pain and discomfort associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, lower back pain, ankle pain, and more.
- COMFORTABLE NIGHT SLEEP – No more repositioning during the night with the Full Body Maternity Pillow by Bluestone. This uniquely designed body pillow replaces the need for multiple pillows at night and gives you the ultimate painless and sound sleep. This ALL-IN-ONE pillow cradles your body to help eliminate tossing and turning, keeping your neck, shoulders, back and hips aligned all night long. Supports Belly
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL SUPPORT PILLOW – The Full Body Maternity Pillow is easily formed into multiple positions and is a great support for reading, watching TV, or just relaxing. Also, makes for a perfect nursing pillow the keeps the baby supported and elevated while mom’s back is still cushioned.
As of this writing there are 1,250 customer comments and 55 answered questions for the Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape by, Back Support. I’ve read the customer feedback, and then condensed the results into this review. I hope that this helps you when shopping for a pregnancy pillow.
Helps Stomach Sleepers Sleep Comfortably On Their Side
While this pillow is not a pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers (the kind of pregnancy pillow with a hole for your stomach), this pregnancy pillow will help stomach sleepers sleep more comfortably on their side. Here is what one customer commented,
“Starting in my first trimester, I was struggling to get comfortable because I typically sleep on my stomach. Each time I would go to lay on my sides, I would either naturally turn to my stomach (a habit I was trying to break before 20 weeks) or my back would hurt after a few hours. Even with smaller pillows between my legs, it did not help. I bought this pillow and it changed everything. It took a few days to get used to and it really does only allow you to sleep on your sides, but it is so comfortable. I actually feel supported throughout the night and I find it cozy that it sort of encloses me. It limits or totally eliminates any back pain, even on nights where I’m sleeping for 10 hours (pregnancy is tough!).”
Takes Up a Lot Of Room
This pregnancy support pillow is very large compared to other pregnancy pillows. Due to its large size, this pregnancy pillow will take up a lot of room in the bed. According to customers, it is the size of a twin bed, and it does not leave much room for your spouse if you have a queen size bed. A customer explains,
“Bought this thinking it might come in handy every once in a while. Now I sleep with it every night and it is a saving grace! I love that it not only supports the tummy really well, but supports my back as well. Be aware that it is very large, so if your bed is not a king, your partner might not love it as much as you. We have a queen sized bed, and my husband complains that it takes up more of his space than he would like.”
Great Pillow For Those Who Aren’t Pregnant Too
People often assume that pregnancy pillows are for pregnant mothers only. But anyone who has back pain, is injured, or wants to sleep more comfortably will benefit from this total body pillow. A lot of the customers who bought this pregnancy pillow were not pregnant, and some of them were even men. Here is one of the comments,
“I’m not pregnant, but I’m a big gal and have a habit sleeping on my tummy. Because of this I have a lot of back pain and take a lot of NSAIDs to help with it (which doesn’t help 100%) My chiropractor has been nagging me to stop belly sleeping and try sleeping on my back or side. I can’t lay on my back due to sleep apnea (not very well treated), so I bought this hoping to find some relief. OH MY DID IT!! Within a week, I was no longer taking my NSAIDs and can handle what little pain I do have. I wasn’t expecting such great results. I just wanted to be able to walk when I got up in the morning.”
Can Easily Get Dirty
Because this pregnancy pillow is white, a lot of people said that it can easily get stained. A nice feature to this pregnancy pillow is that you can remove the cover and wash it. But still, some customers said that the pillow was still dirty even after washing. Keep in mind that this was not the case for everyone. Some customers said that the dirt went away as soon as it got washed. Here is one of those comments,
“I really like this pillow. I got this pillow for my girlfriend…The only thing she doesn’t like is that it’s white. It can get a little dirty if you’re not careful. It’s pretty easy to pull the cover off and wash it. I would still recommend this pillow for the comfort it provides.”
Great For Taller People
Some pregnancy pillows are very short, and force taller people to bend their knees a lot in order to enjoy their pregnancy pillow. But for this pillow, that is not the case. Even taller people were very comfortable when lying in this full body pregnancy pillow. A pregnant mother explains,
“This is my second pregnancy pillow and I love the full body wrapping style of this pillow. I am 5’8″ and this pillow is long enough for me. I like that you can wrap the long parts up to make a comfy seat for laying in bed. This has been really versatile pillow, worth the price.”
Not As Fluffy As Shown In Pictures
While the pictures on Amazon show that this maternity pillow is fluffy, multiple customers reported that the pregnancy pillow is not actually that fluffy. They said that this pillow arrived very flat, and did not get much fluffier after being aired out. Here is what one customer had to say,
“This pillow offers no support. I left this pillow out for more than the recommended 48 hours to plump up and not retain its flattened condition that it came in. The following night I used the pillow for 5 minutes and it was flat as a pancake and had no support for my head, neck, belly, knees, or ankles.”
Great For Nursing
Once your baby is born, you can still use this pregnancy pillow to help comfortably nurse your baby. Here, a pregnant mother explains how this pregnancy pillow can be useful during pregnancy and nursing,
“This pillow is not only super cozy and comfortable, but it has given my body so much support while sleeping. My back and my stomach are able to both be comfortable at the same time. It’s also long enough to wrap your legs around it. I will also probably use this pillow when my baby is born. I can see where it will be awesome to have when nursing. Don’t hesitate about buying this pillow!”
Other Products To Try
If the Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape by, Back Support isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, there are many other products to try. Today I’ll be going over two other pregnancy pillows you may be interested in: the Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity and the Ang Qi U Shaped Full Body Pregnancy Pillow with Zipper.
hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
- SOFT OR FIRM… YOU DECIDE: 2-sided design to suit moms during all 3 trimesters. Deluxe, soft memory foam on side 1, and firmer support foam on side 2. As your needs and desires shift from moment to moment, simply flip it over to regain maximum comfort.
- PROPER BELLY SUPPORT REDUCES SWELLING (edema) in hands, legs and feet by relieving back tension and associated STRESS. Place under your belly, behind your back or between your knees to help you feel more comfortable relaxing or sleeping. Versatile belly wedge, back pillow or knee pillow. Helps relieve nerve pain and leg numbness, too.
- FEATURES A PLUSH VELBOA COVER that is super soft, yet still durable and washable. We know a little pampering goes a long way in the 3rd trimester, so we pulled out all the stops and found the best material possible. You simply won't believe how soft and comfortable the cover is.
The Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity has two sides: one side is made from soft memory foam, and the other side is a firmer, support foam. This pregnancy wedge can be placed under your stomach, behind your back, or between your knees. It features a plush velboa cover that is soft, durable, and washable. It is made without PBDEs, TDCPP, or TCEP, flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, or phthalates. This pregnancy wedge comes with its own carry bag so that you can easily travel with it.
AngQi Pregnancy Pillow with Cotton Cover
- WHAT YOU NEED - Is it difficult to find a suitable position so you can get a good night sleep? Are you on the search for a comfortable solution that will help you relax at night? Our total body pillow is exactly what you need!
- PAIN RELIEF - When you’re tired and stressed, a comfort body pillow is a solution that will help alleviate pain from neck, back, arms, lower back, hips, legs. This body pillow will relieve also pressure from the bladder, all for a comfortable night.
- EXTRA VERSATILE - Creating a comfortable position when sleeping, reading, nursing or watching TV, the full body pillow provides excellent relaxation for any person who is seeking a comfortable refuge, especially pregnant women who find it difficult to relax on the bed or sofa.
The Ang Qi U Shaped Full Body Pregnancy Pillow with Zipper is similar to the Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, this is a U shaped pregnancy pillow. It is designed as a body pillow for pregnant ladies, but anyone can enjoy it. The shape of this maternity pillow supports the back, hips, knees, neck, and head to prevent and relieve sciatica, heartburn, and lower back pain. It is filled with polyester, and is very breathable. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, AngQi provides a 30-day refund or exchange guarantee.
The Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape by, Back Support has a cover that is 100% cotton and also hypoallergenic. The filling is polypropylene. This maternity pillow is over sized for comfort of the sleeper. It is especially useful for people who have pain associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, lower back pain, ankle pain, and more. Some people found it to be an aid in nursing their babies. It helps support the neck, shoulders, back, hips and stomach. A strategically placed zipper allows you to remove and clean the machine washable cover. This pillow had good reviews for the price. I hope my review of the Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow with Contoured U-Shape by, Back Support can help you decide if this is the pillow for you!
For more information, check out the rest of our pregnancy pillow reviews.
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API