Chick-fil-A is more than just a restaurant that serves great food. Their company is built on Christian values that translate into how they treat their customers and staff. There are now more than 2,000 Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide.
Why They Are Closed on Sundays
Chick-fil-A's founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. His previous experience in the restaurant industry had him working seven days a week because the restaurants were open 24 hours a day all week. Truett believes in the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest, spend time with family, and worship if they choose. This a practice that Chick-fil-A stands by at all of their locations today.
Nowadays it's rare for a restaurant to talk of God, but Chick-fil-A boldly puts the statement out there on their website that says their corporate purpose is to: “To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come into contact with Chick-fil-A.”
The main item on the Chick-fil-A menu is, you probably guessed it - chicken. The menu is divided into the following categories: breakfasts, entrees, salads, sides, kids meals, treats, drinks, sauces, kids meals, sauces/dressings, and catering.
The Original Chick-fil-A
The most popular item on the menu is called the Original Chick-fil-A Sandwich. The sandwich consists of a buttered bun, boneless breast of breaded chicken, and pickle slices. There is a story behind the creation of this sandwich. Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-fil-A, spent years perfecting and experimenting with the recipe in 1961. It has since become the number one selling entrée. The restaurant chain still uses Cathy's cooking method to this day. And the recipe is still a secret to the public.
Salads are another popular item on the Chick-fil-A menu. Choose from Grilled Market, Cobb, or Spicy Southwest Salad.
- The Grilled Market features grilled chicken breast served on a fresh bed of chopped romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, and crumbled blue cheese. There is also a mix of red and green apples, strawberries, and blueberries. The grilled market salad is served with Harvest Nut Granola, Roasted Nut Blend, Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing, or Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.
- The Cobb Salad features Chick-fil-A Nuggets that are sliced up and placed on the salad, and served hot on a fresh bed of chopped romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, roasted corn kernels, a blend of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, crumbled bacon, diced eggs, and grape tomatoes. This salad is served with Charred Tomato Crispy Red Bell Peppers, Avocado Lime Ranch dressing, or Fat Free Honey Mustard dressing for a lighter option.
- The Spicy Southwest Salad is made with grilled spicy chicken breast served on a fresh bed of chopped romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, grape tomatoes, a blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and a zesty combination of poblano chiles, red bell peppers, roasted corn and black beans. This salad is served with Seasoned Tortilla Strips, Chili Lime Pepitas, Creamy Salsa dressing, or Chili Lime Vinaigrette dressing for a lighter option.
- Closed Sundays so that staff can relax and go to church if they wish
- Secret Chicken recipe that is popular with many
- They serve up sides, salads, and desserts in addition to chicken
- No beef
What Other People Are Saying
The Big Things
For Chick-fil-A, they are famous for serving up chicken in some form or another from breakfast to dinner. They also have desserts and sides, all served up in a clean and friendly atmosphere, A customer explains,
"Chick-fil-a has never let me down both in customer service and in quality of the food. They have delicious chicken, fries, and dessert. Who wouldn't be happy? What really strikes me as the most impressive part is their attention to detail in customer service. All the servers have a very positive attitude and say it's their pleasure to serve you. All the tables have a fresh flower on them. They also bring you your food after you order. This particular Chick-fil-A has a play structure on the inside which is very clean."
The Little Things
A happy customer explains a little detail that she appreciated,
"What I thought was pretty clever was that they had these little cups that say your number so that the server knows where to bring your food to. Whenever you ask for sauce they kind of just drop all the sauces in your cup so that you don't have to hold like 5 sauces in one hand. I don't know why, but that fascinated me."
What You'll Pay
Chick-fil-A prices are higher than your average dollar menu kind of choices at other fast food restaurants. But the prices certainly aren't at the fine dining level.
If you choose to dine in, you first order your food and one of the workers will bring the food to your table. If you are eating carry out, you can order and go. Choices for take out include walking in to get your food or going through the drive-through. There is also a Chick-fil-A app that you can use to order before you get there to avoid waiting to eat.
Most of the reports coming in about the customer service at Chick-fil-A were very positive. The staff is courteous and polite. Of course, this will vary from place to place, as each worker is different, but overall the reviews were positive.
Many of the reviews that I read about the customer service were similar to this one:
"We have always received great service and warm food. The restaurant is clean and like coming here on a random evening for an easy dinner. Highly recommended!"
Chick-fil-A is a popular chicken fast food chain that is growing in locations across the country. Not only do they have many different chicken options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but they also have sides and desserts. Many people like this restaurant for their Christian principles such as closing on Sundays so that people can be with their families enjoying a day of rest and worship if they please. Many people who have visited Chick-fil-A restaurants claim it to be their favorite fast food stop. I hope that my review has helped you discover a new healthy restaurant near you!
For more reviews and information, check out our list of the Top 10 Healthiest Restaurant Chains of 2018.