The Comotomo company seemed to listen to the complaints from parents who bought other baby bottles, and made a bottle that works. Of course nothing will compare to a mother's breast, but this company did strive to get as close as they could. And the outcome is pretty good. The Comotomo Baby Bottle was designed with a naturally shaped nipple for a baby to latch onto. The wide mouth was designed to make the transition from breast to bottle a bit easier and natural.
The bottle contains dual anti-colic vents that lets air go in, and milk come out. The Comotomo Baby Bottle vents ensure good air circulation in the bottle. This reduces colic, spit up, burping, and gas.
Wide Mouths for Easy Cleaning
The mouths to the bottle are very wide, which makes it a breeze to cloth clean by hand. Cleaning off the long and narrow bottles of old was a common complaint. Parents were tired of using brushes to clean bottles. The wide mouth is a great feature for cleaning.
Soft and Squishy Skin-Like Feel
The bottle itself is made soft and squishy. Do you want to take a guess what that feature is supposed to mimic? Yes, you are right. They made the bottles soft and squishy like a woman's breast. Even though nothing can compare to the feel of a mother's soft skin, this company created a bottle that is soft and skin-like. It is made from silicone material to offer a better grip and a soothing and calm feeling.
The Comotomo Baby Bottle is BPA-Free, PVC-Free, and Phthalate-Free materials. The material on this bottle has been tested to be safe for babies.
One of the biggest complaints from parents of other bottles, was that the bottles leaked. The Comotomo Bottles were designed to not leak out any breast milk or any formula. No one wants to waste precious breast milk or expensive baby formula. It's also a pain to get milk spilled on the baby and your clothes and furniture. The Comotomo company took this feature seriously, and made a bottle that does not leak.
The Comotomo Baby Bottles are safe for dishwashers. You also can submerge them in boiling water without having to worry about loss of shape.
One of the hardest things for a baby transitioning from the breast to a bottle, is to deal with a fast flow of milk. When babies breastfeed, they have to work for the milk. That's why breastfed babies seldom choke on milk. But, some baby bottles allow fluid to come out so quickly that babies choke on the milk. The Comotomo Baby Bottle is designed with a slow flow nipple that is good for newborns through 3 months. This is the age when babies most often can't handle a fast flow. This feature minimizes not only choking, but also spit-ups. The company also designed a medium flow nipple that is perfect for babies between 3 to 6 months, and a fast flow nipple for the older baby.
Best Features of The Product
- 3 Different Nipples: Slow, Medium, Fast Flow
- Squishy/Skin-Like Feel
- Ease Of Cleaning
- Comotomo baby bottles are deisgned to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection and nipple confusion issues
- Ultra wide-neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers
- The bottles mimic the milk let down during natural breastfeeding. If you squeeze or massage the bottle, the milk will gently flow out of the nipple.
- Bottles don't turn yellow after sterilizing.
- The dual air vents on the nipples greatly help a gassy baby.
- The slow flow nipples do not drip milk when turned upside down.
- These bottles are very easy to clean. A common comment among parents was that they liked the Dr. Brown's bottles, but switched to these because the Comotomo Baby Bottles were easier to clean.
- The nipples are easy for a baby to latch onto.
- Only a few pieces (4 with the top) to keep track of and clean. Parents liked the simplicity of these bottles.
- Parents liked how the bottles looked. Many felt that the bottles had a "cool" design and shape.
- These bottles take longer to warm milk up in bottle warmers. Some say that they take almost twice as long as other bottles.
- The bottle design makes it a tight fit to put these bottles in diaper bag bottle pockets. Each diaper bag, of course, is created differently but overall, in most diaper bags, the bottle pockets will be a tight fit for the Comotomo Baby Bottles.
- The medium flow nipples do drip out a little milk when turned upside down.
- It doesn't stand up straight quite as easily as a longer upright bottle. But when it does fall or roll around, it seldom will leak out.
- You do have to buy the faster flowing nipples separately. Some parents were wishing that there was a complete set of nipples from newborn to an older baby.
- Some parents had a hard time seeing the ounce numbers when filling the bottles. They wished the company would have made the numbers darker and easier to read.
Parents really had a lot of great things to say about the Comotomo Baby Bottles. There were many reviews, so the whole picture that I got from these bottles was overwhelmingly positive. You are going to pay more for these baby bottles than you will for a cheaper bottle. You often get what you pay for. I would not hesitate to give these bottles a try if you are going to be bottle feeding. If your baby is going from breast to bottle, then this may be the bottle for you. Parents said that their babies especially liked the nipple shapes and sizes and the squishy feel of the bottles. I hope that my review of the Comotomo Baby Bottle helps you as you make a decision about what baby bottles to purchase for your child.
To see all our baby bottle reviews, check out our Top 10 Baby Bottles of 2018.