Getting ready to buy your wedding dress? Weddings are expensive and you may feel guilty about buying the dress of your dreams because of its cost. While your fiancé will appreciate if you stay within a reasonable budget, frugality should not be your top priority when choosing a gown. Here are some quotes to think about when making the biggest fashion decision of your life!
1. “Every girl dreams of her wedding dress.”
Whether a girl sees herself getting married early or late in life, the fantasy about the gown is often at the heart of all wedding dreams. The dress is the centerpiece. A girl’s style will evolve as she grows into a woman, but what she wants in a wedding dress may or may not change over time. The best advice is go with your dream dress when the times comes for that special day.
2. “I always tell brides to follow their instinct throughout the wedding dress experience but I encourage them to always keep an open mind in selecting their dress.”
Go for the dress of your dreams and be prepared for the dress of your dreams to be something that surprises you! Most brides have a strong sense of style before their weddings, so that is a great guide. However, don’t miss the right dress because it’s unexpected and doesn’t meet a certain set of criteria on your checklist.
3. “After all there is something about a wedding gown prettier than in any other gown in the world.”
Jerrold’s words ring true for many people. Wedding gowns stand out, are usually only worn once, and are designed with great attention to detail. A woman in a wedding gown is always eye-catching, so make sure the dress you choose is the one you want to be captured in for eternity in pictures and in the minds of those who witnessed you wearing it.
4. “On her wedding day a woman should be certain that she has found a dress that makes her feel confident and above all else, beautiful.”
This may seem to be an obvious statement but it is still an important reminder. Brides should feel beautiful with confidence radiating inward out as they glide, run, or skip down the aisle. Any dress that can’t accomplish provide a bride with confidence and beauty simply isn’t worthy.
5. “We believe that the dress you choose is the base upon which you can build your whole look.”
No pressure, but in all honestly, this is true. If a bride chooses a Cinderella-style ball gown dress for her wedding, it’s safe to assume the wedding is going to be a ball gown affair. If the bride goes with a more casual style, the entire wedding will probably have a more relaxed feel. There is no wrong way to go when choosing what style of wedding you want to have. Just remember that it all starts with the dress, so carefully select one which complements your tastes and lifestyle.
6. “You might be surprised and fall in love with a gown that you weren’t drawn to at first.”
Emphasizing L’Huiller’s point, don’t pass over a wedding dress that catches you off-guard just because you didn’t expect to like it. The man you fell in love with might not have fulfilled all your expectations of what your future spouse would be like, but that doesn’t mean he’s not the right choice! Same goes with wedding dresses. Don’t let a good one get away just because it wasn’t what you expected.
7. “Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever.”
Know what else is forever? Your wedding pictures. Pick the style you love and don’t settle. Don’t feel pressured to go with fashion trends of the time unless that is your style.
8. “Wearing the correct dress for any occasion is a matter of good manners.”
When it comes to the correct dress for a wedding, it’s the one you can’t live without! It’s not the one you settled for, it’s the one you dreamed of and finally found. Wearing the wedding dress you desire is simply good manners on your big day.
9. “A wedding dress is both an intimate and personal for a woman – it must reflect the personality and style of the bride.”
Herrera again makes a very valid point: your dress should be in tune with who you are. Each bride is different, and each one must choose a dress that fits her, not only physically but also emotionally.
10. “My wedding is my chance to go all the way and wear a princess silhouette.”
While a princess silhouette may not be for everyone, Sanchez beautifully captures the idea of going for it when it comes to your wedding dress. Whatever you want, do it! This is your wedding and you want to feel like you did it your way, whether that be through a princess dress or a black gown made of tulle.
11. “I love the idea that something is practical and still looks great.”
Wang has made a name for herself designing wedding dresses, so her advice is worth listening to. Practical can look amazing, and practical also means different things to different people. For someone accustomed to wearing high-maintenance fashion, a dress with a more complicated design might not hinder them in the least. But for those who consider high fashion our nice jeans and a clean shirt, practical may look a lot more dialed down. Either way, practical can be beautiful.
12. “The important question is, what will you wear for a wedding dress…”
That is the question, right? Don’t look back and wish you had chosen a different dress because you held back. Consider these quotes, post them in your wedding planner, and allow yourself to buy the dress of your dreams!