So it’s been a few weeks since, ya know, did the deed and I’m sure you’re crawling out of your skin to find out if you’re expecting or not! During these early few weeks of pregnancy, there are multiple signs that point to a potential positive pregnancy test, besides the obvious late period.
Before you even pass that home pregnancy test and know for sure that you’ve got a baby on board, you may get a heads-up in the form of these early pregnancy symptoms. Many will be similar to the feeling you get right before your period, so it may be hard to tell the difference, so let us tell you what they are!
Early signs of pregnancy
- Tender swollen breasts – it’s completely normal if putting on your bra this morning felt like the biggest obstacle because your nipples and breasts are just that sore. This is one of the very first signs of pregnancy, try wearing a comfortable bra to ease your discomfort.
- Sensitivity to smell – Smells that never bothered you before will have you running to the bathroom now! Talk to your significant other about maybe switching face lotions for the time being, or trying a new deodorant just to give your sensitive nose a break! If these smells never bothered you before, then you most definitely have a little bun in the oven!
- Nausea – this isn’t something that all women experience, and if you don’t then count your blessings! Known as morning sickness, yet can occur day or night, sometimes it can be 24/7 for some women.
- Bloating – You swear those skinny jeans just fit you, but now they’re a little snug! Some women confuse this with “showing” in early stages of pregnancy, but it’s simply just pregnancy bloat!
- Frequent urination – If you find yourself making more trips to the ladies room then normal this might mean you are pregnant. With all the extra fluids your body is producing, your bladder is put into working over time causing you to go more frequently.
- Fatigue – You didn’t even make it off the sofa and up to the bedroom last night before falling asleep, you’re exhausted yet you didn’t even do anything, this definitely could mean you’re expecting a little one!
- Shortness of breath – did you randomly get winded on your short walk, or hiking up the steps? Yup this is a sign of pregnancy. One that unfortunately is only going to get worse the further along you gets as your growing belly puts pressure on your diaphragm.
- Bleeding or missed period – A lot of the early pregnancy symptoms are very similar to PMS. So how do you know if those cramps and mood swings are PMS or pregnancy? Well when you’re period never comes, or it’s super light spotting, that’s a great first sign!!
- Cramps – Cramps are very common when you are first expecting a little one! They will simply feel like period cramps as your uterus starts expanding and preparing for your growing baby.
- Headaches – if you aren’t used to getting headaches but all of a sudden they seem to be happening more often, this could be a sign that your hormone levels are high, which means… baby! If they are caused by pregnancy just pop a Tylenol which is prego safe!
- Pregnancy test – Clearly this one is self-explanatory! If you pee on the stick and it says positive, that’s a pretty good sign that you’re pregnant!
All pregnancies are different and some women definitely have it worse than others! So try to remember that this baby is a huge blessing! All the vomiting, aches and pains and sleepless nights will be worth it in the end to hold your little bundle of joy in your arms! I guarantee once he’s no longer squirming around in your belly, you’ll miss it!