Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful times in a woman's life. It can also be confusing and stressful, though - especially for first time moms. There are all kinds of new things happening to your body. You will have all kinds of questions, from what to do about lamaze, to what to eat. One of the biggest changes, of course, is your ever-expanding tummy. Therefore, as your pregnancy progresses, you might want to try a pregnancy sling. Therefore, we have put together a handy list of everyday slings to make your pregnancy easier and more comfortable.
There are two main types of everyday slings to make your pregnant belly more comfortable. The first is a simple belly band. This contraption serves one purpose and one purpose only: to help you out when your pregnant belly gets large enough for you to no longer be able to wear your clothing properly. Basically, what these versions of everyday slings do is help cover up the areas where your clothing no longer fits anymore. When your jeans or pants won't button or snap, just slide the band over the uncovered area of your belly, and it acts as a neat cover.
Our favorite is the Belevation Women's Maternity Support Band. It offers lots of coverage, as well as some light support. This is one of the best everyday slings out there, because it offers a variety of sizes, and it also gives light support to your growing belly.
No products found.
Back pain, pelvic pain, and general discomfort during pregnancy is common. A woman's posture can change during this time, and she might, as a result, need more than the light support that a regular belly band can provide. Deciding which belt to get in these particular types of everyday slings is an important decision, so we are going to provide you with several options.
The first option is the AZMED Maternity Belt. It is a simple contraption to put on, and offers a decent amount of back and pelvic support. It can be quite effective in alleviating pain and improving posture.
- Helps ease the discomfort of pregnancy by supporting your baby bump and providing gentle compression in the abdominal area.
- This elastic maternity belt gives support for pregnant women who seek relief from hip and pelvic pains and other common stretching pains during pregnancy.
- A belly wrap that supports the excess pregnancy weight to prevent straining your back by lessening spinal pressure effectively.
More Supportive Belts
While the previous bands and belts were the simpler versions on this list of everyday slings, there are some women who need more support than those versions can provide. Therefore, we offer an alternative: the It's You Babe Best Cradle Maternity Belt. This belt is a much trickier contraption to put on, but it offers incredible support, posture improvement, and pain relief.
Maternity Body Pillow
Sleeping often be one of the most challenging parts of pregnancy. This is especially true once your baby bump is large enough to where you need to use any of the aforementioned everyday slings. Therefore, in addition to belts and bands, you may want to purchase a maternity pillow.
A maternity pillow can cradle your pregnant belly as you lie on your side, and alleviate pain and pressure. It puts your baby in a more comfortable position for you both, ensuring a good night's sleep.
- HEAD TO TOE SUPPORT – Inner cover: polypropylene. This generously oversized multifunctional U shape body pillow is long enough for you to stretch out and provides equal support to both sides of your body. The hour glass inner curves and contours to your entire back while aligning your hips for neutral joint positioning. Also, helps relieve pain and discomfort associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, lower back pain, ankle pain, and more.
- COMFORTABLE NIGHT SLEEP – No more repositioning during the night with the Full Body Maternity Pillow by Bluestone. This uniquely designed body pillow replaces the need for multiple pillows at night and gives you the ultimate painless and sound sleep. This ALL-IN-ONE pillow cradles your body to help eliminate tossing and turning, keeping your neck, shoulders, back and hips aligned all night long. Supports Belly
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL SUPPORT PILLOW – The Full Body Maternity Pillow is easily formed into multiple positions and is a great support for reading, watching TV, or just relaxing. Also, makes for a perfect nursing pillow the keeps the baby supported and elevated while mom’s back is still cushioned.
The Bottom Line
Pregnancy is a beautiful time, but it can also bring a lot of everyday challenges with your expanding belly and changing body. Therefore, using these everyday slings is a great way to make this experience more comfortable, and so that you can go on with your life as normally as possible prior to giving birth.