The Lifefactory 4-ounce BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottle with protective silicone sleeve and stage 1 nipple, combines the best of the old days with the best of the new. These bottles are made of the highest quality, thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass. By using glass, this allows the bottles to transition safely from a freezer to boiling water without any fear of dangerous chemicals passing through into the milk.
The silicone sleeve is made for little hands to be able to easily grip the bottle. The sleeve also protects the bottle from breaking if it is dropped. The Lifefactory 4-ounce BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottle is dishwasher safe. It is also compatible with most major breast pumps. The glass itself is medical grade glass. The sleeve is BPA/BPS-free and also phthalate-free. All of the materials used on this bottle are FDA approved. The material used in making this bottle is made in either the United States or Europe. The product is assembled in it’s entirety in the United States.
If you are concerned with plastic, then this may be the way to go. When plastic bottles first came out, it was assumed that they were safe. And then we learned about BPA, and started making them BPA-Free. But, what about those babies that drank from BPA bottles? I’m still hesitant about using anything plastic for drinking out of or eating out of.
Just a few years back, it was recommended to no longer freeze plastic drinking bottles. Dangerous chemicals could be released into the water we drink. A lot of people used to and some still do, put a plastic water bottle in the freezer to take to work or out hiking on a hot day. So, in summary, if you still like the safety of glass around your baby’s drinking and food products, then this may be the way to go. The milk itself will only be touching the glass. The silicone sleeve will touch their hands, but not the milk. Many people like that the milk is heated while only touching the glass.
Best Features of The Product
- Material Used Is Safe
- Silicone Sleeve Is Good For Gripping
- Can Be Frozen, Heated, And Dishwasher Safe
- Many parents chose this bottle because you don’t have to worry about any harmful effects associated with plastic touching the milk.
- One big advantage that a lot of parents liked, is that the silicone sleeve protects the bottle against breaking when dropped. One parents said that she dropped it directly on concrete and not even a chip was on the bottle.
- Durability is a common advantage that many parents liked about these bottles. Because they are made from glass, you can throw them in the dishwasher, freeze, and reheat them with no issues at all. No worries of early wear and tear on Lifefactory 4-ounce BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottles.
- Compared to other glass bottles, The Lifefactory 4-ounce BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottle is lightweight. One disadvantage to glass bottles is that sometimes they can be rather heavy.
- Many parents liked that you can purchase a additional and affordable piece that will turn the bottle into a sippy cup.
- Because of the large mouth to these bottles, they are very easy to clean. Who wants to waste time cleaning baby bottles? These bottles will make cleaning a breeze. Being able to throw them in the dishwasher is a cleaning advantage too.
- People who like to support American made products, like that these bottles are made solely in the United States and Europe. They are assembled in the United States.
- I was surprised at how many parents commented how beautiful these bottles were. So I wanted to throw this in there, because this was a common comment. If you like the look of this bottle, your child might also.
- The ounce measurements are on the plastic sleeve instead of on the glass bottle. Some parents felt like this was much harder to get an accurate measurement without ounces being written on the glass.
- Some parents commented that the flow seemed to allow a lot of air into the nipple. Children with bad reflux may not do well with this bottle.
- The nipple can sometimes collapse if the child drinks too fast using vigorous sucking.
Sometimes old school is still the best. Many parents feel so much better using glass instead of plastic for their baby bottles. There is no fear of dangerous chemicals seeping into the milk even when it is frozen and heated. Glass bottles are also dishwasher safe and can be heated and frozen.
Another nice feature is the silicone sleeve. Long ago, baby’s who were bottle fed, just had to hold on to the slippery glass. But, now with the silicone sleeves, it makes for a better gripping material for little hands. It’s nice that the silicone sleeves also protect the bottle from breaking when dropped. In all the instances that I read about, the bottle did not break and that included dropping it on cement and also tile. This bottle has a wide mouth, that’s easy to clean and also converts into a sippy cup. Many parents love this bottle. I hope that my review of The Lifefactory 4-Ounce BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottle helps you to determine the right baby bottle for your family.
For more baby bottle reviews, check out our article, The Top 10 Baby Bottles of 2018.
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API