When we decided to write our Mima stroller review for 2019, it was because we were not satisfied with just looking at the familiar names and styles of baby strollers. We knew there had to be more out there. So we looked at some newer, modern designs to give parents a feel for what else is available out there. Out of our research, we reviewed 4 of the best we could find with the Mima Xari as our featured stroller.
If we know one thing about babies, they require a lot of stuff. Fortunately, their stroller does not have to be burdensome, but can in fact be convenient, compact, and fun. In this Mima stroller review, we will show you what so many parents are raving about with their Mima’s. If you didn’t know the name before you read this article, you will remember it after.
What Is The Mima Xari Stroller?
One of the first things you notice about the Mima Xari is its unique, fashionable design. It can be used as a “carry cot” which resembles a bassinet on wheels or converted to sit up into a push stroller. The Mima is seated higher than more traditional strollers, allowing children to have a better view. The carry cot collapses and is contained within the buggy seat itself so it isn’t necessary to snap a seat inside the stroller. The carry cot cannot be permanently removed which makes the stroller heavier, but at 28 lbs it is still lightweight enough for any mom or dad to handle.
Product Specs For Mima Stroller Review
One awesome feature of the Mima is that its seat is reversible. Parents love the fact they can turn their child to face them if need be. The Mima’s seat covers are also made from special EVA materials that allow spills to be cleaned up quickly with just a cloth. The canopy is triple layered so it can partially or fully cover the child. With a simple push of a button and lifting of a lever, the seat folds down and the wheels can be easily removed if needed. The stroller also has some nice extras like two shopping baskets with magnetic lids and a rain cover.
How It Compares
We picked a few similar products to see how they compare to our Mima stroller review. We have reviewed them based on price, how easy they are to use and assemble, and of course, quality and warranty.
- Cybex Priam Stroller, Lux Seat
- Bugaboo Donkey2 Classic Collection Complete Mono Stroller
- Bugaboo Fox Complete Full-Size Stroller
Ease of Use
Ease is what the Mima Xari is known for. By pressing a button, lifting a lever, touching a foot to the brake, or turning the seat, the innovative design of this stroller gets no complaints from parents or us. It folds easily as well and can fit in even the smallest of trunks. Our feature in our Mima stroller review gets a 5 out of 5 stars for ease of use.
Ease of Assembly
The Mima offers a one-hand unfold. You lift the handle and step back. Voila! The stroller is ready to use. The carry cot unfolds easily and then zips away when not in use. This definitely earned a 5 from us.
Seat cover material: quality. Aluminum frame: quality. Wheels, handles, brakes and canopy: quality. This one is a true head-turner, and we gave it 5 out of 5 stars for its unsurpassed quality.
The requirement is that you register your Mima, but we approved of the two year manufacturer’s warranty. The max weight for this stroller is 37 lbs so the warranty will probably expire before the baby outgrows it. But we gave it a 4.5 out of 5 stars for a fair warranty.
- Modern, sleek design
- Fold down and store carry cot
- Smooth ride
- Easy clean
- Reversible seat
- 3 IN 1 SYSTEM: The Balios S stroller frame can be used as a 3-in-1 travel system. Simply attach the matching Cot S, the matching seat unit, or one of the renowned CYBEX and gb infant car seats.
- ALL-WHEEL SUSPENSION: Contains smooth all-wheel suspension that helps you get anywhere while navigating bumpy terrain
- SAFETY FEATURES: Is equipped with a pull-out UPF50+ sun canopy that eliminates sun and wind for ultimate child protection and overall safety
The CYBEX Balios S is a luxury stroller that features three wheel choices. Whether you are strolling in the park, around town, or going for a serious trek, this one has the wheels to fit your lifestyle. It also offers a bassinet type seat or the reclining seat with adjustable leg rest. It accommodates children up to 38 lbs comfortably and has a canopy with a peekaboo window. It has a telescoping handlebar and a shopping basket with magnetic closure. It has good rear suspension and a brake that’s easy to apply even with sandals on.
Ease of Use
We found very few complaints from customers using the Cybex. They loved how well it handled on different terrains, the ease of setting it up for babies or for older toddlers, and how putting on the brakes was a snap. There was some concern that the brake could be engaged accidentally by the shopping basket when it is full because it leans close to the lever. We decided on 4.5 out of 5 stars for ease of use.
Ease of Assembly
The assembly of this lux stroller is relatively easy. It is relatively lightweight at 25 lbs so a mom or dad won’t struggle too much to set it up. The stroller features different seats and wheels that require more work. Overall we gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
This stroller is visually appealing and customers commented on how they received many compliments on it. It is made from quality materials and it is built well. This one will last long after your baby outgrows it. 5 out of 5 for quality.
The Cybrex Priam also has a two-year manufacturer’s warranty for the original owner of the stroller. The max weights on this one is 38 lbs so the warranty will probably expire before the baby outgrows it. We gave this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars for a fair warranty.
- Attractive stroller
- One hand fold
- Rear suspension
- Easy to apply brake
- Two-year warranty
- No automatic lock
- Timeless Style: From the fresh white, quilted micro-twill interior lining to the shiny black wheel caps, the Bee5 Classic is a special-edition stroller that puts a sleek spin on the Bee5’s design! And because we opted for a neutral color palette, it’s great for both baby boys and girls
- Great for Travel: Weighing less than 20lbs, the Bee5 Classic is our lightest, most compact stroller! Whether navigating the city or taking a trip, the one-handed, one-piece fold makes it ideal for travel. It’s even compact enough for space-saving storage at home or in a car
- Designed for Comfort: With a plush seat and extendable back rest and foot rest, our easy-fold stroller delivers cozy comfort for babies! For parents, we added a height-adjustable handlebar with luxurious black faux-leather grips, ensuring complete comfort and control ; Independent four-wheel suspension for maneuverability and comfort
The Bugaboo Donkey 2 luxury stroller converts from a single to a double side-by-side stroller with just a few clicks. It also does this while only taking up 29″ of space. This capability does not take away from the standard 11″ seat width, but it remains the same as other strollers that do not have this capability. It features two baskets: one on the side and one underneath that can hold a whopping 22 lbs each. This stroller is also compatible with most car seat brands. You can also add a second seat with an extension set if you’re expecting twins.
Ease of Use
WIth either 10″ or 12″ foam filled wheels, this stroller goes in any terrain easily. This one you can push with your little finger. It has an easily adjustable handle bar, flip-flop friendly brake, automatic lock, and standing fold. Easy is the name of the game with this one. We gave it a 5 out of 5 stars for ease of use.
Ease of Assembly
With both seats attached, this stroller weighs 34 lbs which is a bit heavy. It opens easily and the seats are easy to change out, but it is very bulky and there is no adjustable leg rest. We gave it a 4.5 Out of 5 for ease of assembly.
This stroller features an anti-shimmy solution on the swivel wheels and foam filled tires that leave out the need for an air pump. It comes standard with a lot of neat features but is also extremely customizable. We had to give it a 5 out of 5 stars for quality.
As with our other strollers in this article, the Bugaboo also comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty. The weight limits on this one is 37.5 lbs so the warranty will probably expire before the child outgrows the stroller. We gave this one a 4.5 out of 5 for a fair warranty.
- Foam filled tires
- Two-year warranty
- Single to double easily
- All terrain
- Seamless Maneuverability: For a smoother, more comfortable ride for both parent and baby, the Fox Complete full-size stroller features durable all-terrain wheels and advanced suspension! The plush ergonomic seat cradles your baby and sits them higher up for easy parent-bonding and interaction.
- Intuitive, One-Piece Fold: Tired of fumbling with awkward strollers? So were we! The Fox Complete easy-fold stroller effortlessly collapses into one piece and has a self-standing option, so it’s easy to move and store.
- Car Seat Compatible: The Bugaboo Fox is compatible with the Bugaboo Turtle Infant Car Seat without the use of adapters. When used with separate adapters, it is compatible with top car seat brands including Maxi Cosi, Chico, Clek, Nuna, Peg Perego, Britax and Cybex. Perfect for parents on the go, our infant to toddler stroller accommodates newborns and babies up to 48.5lbs!
The Bugaboo Fox replaced their buffalo stroller. It is a single stroller that is much more user-friendly and lightweight. It comes with both a toddler seat and a bassinet. The Fox is considered an all-terrain stroller but is best for city use and the occasional rougher terrain use. The seat is removable and reversible with three reclining positions. The recline is one-handed, and the seat sits high which allows for ease of taking the child in and out. This stroller is also compatible with many car seats.
Ease of Use
We gave this one a 5 out of 5 stars for ease of use. The Bugaboo fox features a brake that can be easily applied by pressing with your foot; it can be released by pressing it again with your foot. Like the other strollers, this one features one-handed adjustments of the handle and seat recliner.
Ease of Assembly
Coming in at only 21.8 lbs, this stroller is easy to open and use. It has a one-hand adjustable handle, and it folds up easily too. We took off half a point because there were reports that this one takes some getting used to when unfolding and folding.
From the washable fabric to the suspension, this stroller is high quality. A lot of attention was given to this one so it was easy to handle and maneuver. Bugaboo didn’t skimp on this one. We gave it a 5 out of 5 stars for quality.
This one also comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty for the original owner. Your child will definitely stay in it long after the warranty lasts on this one as it has an impressive 48 lb weight limit.
- Lightweight stroller
- Holds child up to 48 lbs
- Good suspension
- Compatible with many car seats
- Cannot make into a double
- No peek-a-boo window
Image via Pexels
Now you have seen for yourself the quality of our featured product in our Mima stroller review. We are convinced that this stroller speaks for itself. But as a recap, our quest to do a Mima stroller review led us to feature the Mima Xari. At only 28 lbs, this beautiful, stylish stroller has a modern edge to it. Parents love it because it is versatile and durable. The seat is higher than standard strollers which keeps the baby close and it converts from a bassinet type stroller to a push stroller with little effort. The carry cot folds in and is zipped away: but the seat remains comfortable for the child.
The cover material is easy to clean, and the suspension is more than adequate, so it is pleasant to push and maneuver. The patented “carry cot inside” takes about 15 seconds to switch out and it is one of the biggest selling points for our Mima stroller review. Unlike many of the strollers we researched, this one is not bulky and can fit in a small car trunk.
When considering the stroller you will buy for your baby, consider the facts we have offered in our Mima stroller review. You will be the talk of the town, and everyone will want to know what kind of stroller your baby is riding in. Overall, we felt this one deserved a 4.5 out of 5 star rating.