If you are in the market for a triple stroller, chances are you good that you have three young ones in your life. Life can be hectic enough with little ones, so any device like a triple stroller that can make things run smoother can be a huge blessing. I’m going to look at triple strollers in detail to hopefully help you decide if a triple stroller is right for you. I’ll also go over what to look for along with the big and small details of selecting a triple stroller. For in-depth information on each triple stroller we’ll be reviewing, simply click on the individual review button in the table below.
Here Are The Best Triple Strollers of 2018!
Angeles Infant Toddler SureStop Folding Commercial Bye-Bye Stroller
Valco Baby Tri Mode Duo X Toddler Seat
Joovy Big Caboose Graphite Stand On Triple Stroller
Foundations The Trio Sport Sport Triple Tandem Stroller
Baby Jogger 2017 City Select LUX Double Stroller WITH LUX Bassinet
Joovy Big Caboose Graphite Stand On Triple Stroller
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
Obaby Mercury Triple Stroller
Different Types of Double Strollers
Triple Stroller Side By Side
A side by side triple stroller is a stroller with all three seats side by side. This can get awkward if you are pushing it by yourself. Some have a bar that you can hold onto, but others have four handles which would be made for two people to push. Another con about side by side triple strollers is that it might not fit through doorways or tight spots. A pro about this kind is that each child can see what’s in front of them. In a triple tandem stroller, two children are never going to be able to completely see straight ahead. With this kind, however, they can.
Triple Tandem Stroller
A triple tandem stroller is a stroller that has each seat in front of the other. In other words, it is the opposite of a side by side triple stroller. A nice thing is that it will fit through doorways. It can also be operated by just one person. A disadvantage is that the children, except for the one in front, will not be able to look out. This is a minor issue, but most children will want to be able to see the world.
Triple Sit and Stand Stroller
A triple sit and stand stroller has two seats, usually in a tandem design, with a section for a toddler to stand. Most will have a bench for your toddler to sit on in case he or she gets tired of standing. This is nice if your child is at an age where he can’t walk the whole way, but is too big to sit in the seats. There aren’t too many disadvantages, except that some may not have a bench for your child to sit on.
Triple Stroller with Car Seat
There are three different kinds of triple strollers with car seats. Some have three car seats all on one stroller. This works well for if all your children are babies. Another kind has a sit and stand design for a toddler, and then two car seats. This is best for parents with a toddler and two twin babies. The last kind has two seats, and one car seat. This would work best for parents with two toddlers and one baby.
Triple Jogging Stroller
A triple jogging stroller is not as bulky as other types, and is made for speed. This is nice for parents who jog a lot. Even if you aren’t a runner, this is still nice because the size is smaller and not as heavy. You may have to pay a little bit more for jogging strollers, but it will be worth it.
How To Know If a Triple Stroller Is Right For You
A triple stroller, as the name suggests, is a stroller that allows you to fit three children on it at one time. Not only do they work well for parents with triplets, but they work well with children of different ages. The main thing to consider and decide is the age of your children. If at least one of your children is a toddler, then he can walk next to you as you push a double stroller for short trips. If the trips are long, then you may want to consider buying a stroller that will fit your third child. Think about how often you walk and jog, if you will be traveling with it, and how old your children are. Take your time to choose the right stroller.
Tips For Fitting A Triple Stroller In a Car
Make sure to fold it
When putting your triple stroller in the car, make sure you fold it as much as it allows you to. The smaller you can make it, the easier it will be to fit into your car or small places.
Buy a small triple stroller
A lot of triple strollers are bulky – it’s just a fact. But that doesn’t mean that all triple strollers are. If you will be traveling with your stroller a lot, try to buy the smallest kind. If possible, you may want to consider buying a double stroller. A double stroller will be smaller than a triple stroller because it doesn’t have as many seats.
Remove the seats
Some triple strollers have removable seats. If yours does, take advantage of it. The seats take up a lot of room, so removing them should allow your stroller to fit in the car easily. If yours has a removable canopy, then remove that as well.
Tips For Jogging With A Triple Stroller
If you have decided that you are going to jog with your triple stroller, then you will need to decide which stroller is best for you, and where the best places are to jog. In this section, I’ll go over a few tips that hopefully will help you decide where and how you want to run with your triple stroller.
Run on flat and paved roads
When running with a triple stroller, try to avoid hills and bumpy surfaces. Paved roads are recommended, especially if your stroller isn’t designed for jogging.
Start at a slower pace the first few times, and don’t go long distances
If this is your first time running with a triple stroller, it may be awkward and tiring at first. Wait until you get the hang of it before trying to run fast for long distances. Pushing a triple requires more energy and strength, so don’t overdo yourself the first time.
Keep your elbows slightly bent
With a double or triple stroller, you will want to keep your elbows slightly bent so that the stroller is closer to you. When your elbows are bent, the stroller should be able to glide with you instead of you having to push it.
What Else You Need When Purchasing A Stroller
Once you have your stroller, you may want to consider adding some accessories. These added items are not essential, but they can make life easier.
It can be hard when you’re out for a walk with your stroller and it suddenly starts to rain. Not only will you get soaked, but so will your children. This problem can be solved, at least for your children, by purchasing a rain cover. If you bought a double or triple stroller, make sure to purchase a rain cover in that size. To prevent you from getting soaked, you may want to bring an umbrella with you.
A cup holder can be a handy item to have for those times when you bring a drink with you, or buy a drink somewhere along the way. Most are very cheap, and will easily clip onto your stroller.
If you live in a place where there are lots of bugs, you may want to consider buying bug netting. This will ensure that your children won’t get bite marks, and won’t be annoyed by bugs that land on them.
What To Consider Before Buying A Triple Stroller
What is Your Budget?
Before you buy a triple stroller, think about your budget. What are you willing to spend? Which stroller fits your budget? All strollers come with different prices, so make sure to take the time to decide what your budget is.
What Are the Ages of Your Children?
When purchasing a stroller, you will want to consider the ages of your children. Are they at an age that they can walk instead of being pushed in a stroller? Can one of them stand in a sit and stand stroller? Are all three babies? If at least one is old enough to walk next to a stroller, you can buy a double stroller instead. If you have twin babies but need room for a toddler, then a sit and stand stroller will work best. These considerations are important, because if you buy the wrong one, it won’t fit your needs.
Do You Travel a Lot?
Parents who travel a lot aren’t going to want a bulky stroller. Make sure to buy a lightweight and small stroller if you travel a lot. You may also want a stroller that has removable seats. That way you can easily fit it in the car without any trouble.
- 2 front seats accommodate children 6 plus months and up to 40 lbs, or from birth with car seat adapters (included)
- Rear bench seat and standing platform accommodates a child from 2.5 plus years and up to 45 lbs
- Great for twins, twins plus toddler, triplets, or 3 young children, max weight 125 lbs. Material is 300D polyester
- 3-seat, triple stroller comfortably accommodates three children in separate reclining seats making it great for trips to the playground during daycare or to the park, zoo, amusement parks, and other outdoor activities. Storage bucket under back seat for quick snacks, blankets and other infant necessities during excursions
- Each seat has a 5-point safety harness restraint system and on the back is a foot operated brake for rear wheels when stroller needs to stay in place
- Each row has its own UV blocking canopy to protect children while they ride in the stroller. Canopies fold to collapse when not needed
- MULTI-CHILD STROLLER: 3-seat, triple stroller comfortably accommodates three children in separate reclining seats making it great for trips to the playground during daycare or to the park, zoo, amusement parks, and other outdoor activities. Storage bucket under back seat for quick snacks, blankets and other infant necessities during excursions
- TODDLER SAFETY: Each seat has a 5-point safety harness restraint system and on the back is a foot operated brake for rear wheels when stroller needs to stay in place
- SUN PROTECTION: Each row has its own UV blocking canopy to protect children while they ride in the stroller. Canopies fold to collapse when not needed
- Toddler Seat ONLY. Stroller sold seperately.
- NEW 2016 model is the perfect addition to your Duo X stroller to transform it into a Triple Stroller
- Easily clicks onto the stroller frame to seat a third child in the Front Bar housing. Simple to click on and off & can fold with the stroller
- GENDER NEUTRAL STROLLER SKATEBOARD - This Baby Jogger glider board is perfect for boys and girls. A great addition to your baby stroller as it allows your older children to hop on the back when they are tired of walking; without skipping a beat.
- COMPATIBLE WITH 95% BABY STROLLER MODELS - Our patent pending universal stroller board has a unique latching system that can attach to almost any baby stroller. Compatible with Baby Jogger & City, BOB Motion, Bugaboo Bee 3, Chicco Caddy, and more!
- SUPPORT KIDS UP TO 70 POUNDS – Most baby strollers with glide board can only support kids up to 40 - 50 pounds. Our glide board has a strong and durable frame, reinforced stand board, and upgraded and strengthened wheels to hold this extra weight. Stand board has a large anti-slip rubber surface with side guard.
I hope that this guide to triple strollers helped you understand more about them and what to look for when purchasing one. Strollers can help you be more mobile and see so many more things and experience more with your little ones than you could without a triple stroller. Make sure to take your time when choosing one and look for the features that will benefit you personally. Good luck!
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API