Are you looking for some easy crafts to do with your kids? There are so many crafts on the internet that are kid-friendly. Of all the craft ideas available, some of the easiest crafts to make are from toilet paper rolls. Toilet paper is something that families go through quickly, which means you probably have a whole collection of toilet paper rolls. Today, let's take a look at some toilet paper roll crafts that you can make with your kids. Your kids will most likely fall in love with these fun crafts.
Homemade Polar Bear From A Toilet Paper Roll
Want to make an adorable craft with your kids? Look no further than this DIY polar bear. It is so easy to make, and it can be a fun toy for your kids to play with. Make as many of these polar bears as you want.
- Toilet paper roll
- 1 sheet white construction paper
- Black marker
- Pink crayon
- 2 googly eyes
- Glue stick
- White craft glue
- Trim the white construction paper to fit around the toilet paper roll. Use a glue stick to cover the toilet paper roll with white construction paper.
- Draw on a piece of paper four paws, or print out a pattern. Cut out paws from the white construction paper.
- Use a glue stick to attach the paws to the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Draw a black nose onto the toilet paper roll. Use a pink crayon to add rosy cheeks. Glue the googly eyes to the bear and use a marker to add a smile and eyebrows.
- Cut the ears from white construction paper and glue to the inside of the toilet paper roll.
Toilet Paper Roll Snakes
These toilet paper roll snakes are too cute! They are also very easy to make. Below are the supplies that you will need to make them.
- toilet paper rolls
- wrapping paper roll
- paints and paintbrushes
- googly eyes
- skewer or end of a paintbrush
- Begin by painting the toilet paper rolls. Do the insides and out. Let them dry.
- Starting at one end, cut the tube all the way around (in a coil) to the other end.
- Place your snake onto a wrapping paper roll and decorate.
- While your design is drying, paint one tip of the coil red. Once that is dry, cut out a notch to make the tongue.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
DIY Toilet Paper Roll Snowmen
This toilet paper roll craft is simply adorable! Your kids can have fun making as many snowmen as they'd like. This is a fun winter craft to do when your kids are stuck inside with nothing to do. Even if they can't go outside to make a snowman, they can still make one indoors with a toilet paper roll!
- clean toilet paper rolls
- pipe cleaners
- small googly eyes
- small pom poms
- black and orange Sharpies
- Start by gluing on two googly eyes onto the toilet paper roll. Glue them about a quarter of the way down the toilet paper tube.
- Cut an 8-inch ribbon and tie it around the toilet paper roll just below the eyes. This will be the scarf.
- Using the Sharpies, draw a carrot nose, a coal mouth, and buttons on the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a 3-inch piece of pipe cleaner and glue pom poms onto either end of the pipe cleaner to make the earmuffs.
- Once the glue is dry, bend the pipe cleaner and place the earmuffs around the top of the toilet paper roll. Glue the two pom poms onto either side of the toilet paper roll to hold the earmuffs in place.
- Have fun making as many snowmen as you want. Display them around the house, or cut a hole in them so that they can be Christmas ornaments.
Toilet Paper Roll Octopus Craft
This adorable toilet paper roll craft is perfect for young children. It is easy to make, requires few steps, and is simply adorable. Here's how you can make it.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Orange paper
- Wiggly eyes stickers
- Black marker
- Wrap the orange paper around the toilet paper. Cut 8 strips of orange paper for tentacles.
- Curl the strips, curling half the length. There are many methods for curling. Younger kids can wrap them around a marker while older kids can use scissors to curl the strips of paper.
- Add some glue to the part of the strip that isn't curled and stick it inside the paper roll. Do the same with all of the paper strips.
- Glue on two eye stickers and draw a smiley face.
Toilet Paper Roll Extension Cord Holder
This kids craft is very useful for storing extension cords. Most households have a lot of extension cords that are disorganized. This toilet paper roll is perfect for organizing your any extension cords that you may have. It is very easy to make.
- Toilet paper roll
- Colorful paper
- Glue or tape
- Cut the paper so that it will fit around the toilet paper roll.
- Tape or glue the paper onto the toilet paper roll. Tape the paper at the end of the toilet paper roll so that there is no paper sticking out.
Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts
Does your family love the small, yellow, minions from the Despicable Me movie series? Is so, then you'll love this craft. Made to resemble minions, these crafts are so easy and fun to make. Once you are finished, your kids can have fun playing with these minions.
- 3 toilet paper rolls
- Glue Stick
- Black, gray, brown, and yellow markers
- Blue, yellow, white, and black construction paper
- Minion coveralls and goggles pattern
- Cut a sheet of yellow construction paper in half lengthwise. You can get two minions from each half. Apply glue stick to the yellow paper and wrap it around the cardboard tube. Trim the excess (about half the sheet) and repeat this process for the next two minions.
- Cut a sheet of blue construction paper in half lengthwise. Take one of the halves and cut it in half in the opposite direction. From one of those halves, cut it in half again, lengthwise. The strips you need measure 2" x 6".
- Use this pattern to cut the overalls for the minions.
- Glue the overalls to the yellow tube, lining it up along the bottom of the tube.
- Cut a thin strip of black paper, about 1/4" wide for the goggles. Glue the strip around the head area of the tube, about 3/4" from the top of the tube.
- Using the pattern given above, cut out the eyes for the minions. For minions with one eye, use the larger circle. Trace the circles onto a piece of white paper. Add a dot into each eye for the pupils. Glue these eyes onto the toilet paper rolls, right on top of the black line.
- Use gray or brown markers to draw the mouths.
- For hair, cut some from black paper and glue it onto the inside of the toilet paper roll.
Horton Hears A Who Craft
Horton Hears A Who is a classic book by Dr. Seuss. Not too long ago, there was a movie that came out that played out the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers Whoville. If your family loves the book and movie Horton Hears A Who, then you'll love this next craft. It only takes a few steps to create this adorable elephant known as Horton.
- Grey cardstock
- Toilet paper roll
- Glue stick
- Green pipe cleaner
- Pink pom-pom
- Googly eyes
- Cut out a 6 inch by 12-inch rectangle from the grey cardstock. Make sure you cut out the ears of the elephant. Fold the ears so that they stand out.
- Cut out a rectangle about 1/2 inch wide and 5 inches long and roll it around a pencil.
- Either cut the head of the elephant and tape it onto a toilet paper roll or continue leaving the cardstock as one piece. If you leave the cardstock as one piece, roll and staple the back to form a cylinder.
- Glue the eyes and trunk onto Horton.
- Stick a pink pom-pom on top of a green pipe cleaner to make Horton’s clover. Piece it through the paper trunk to show Horton holding the clover.
Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft
This craft is perfect for fall. It is also very easy to make. Keep in mind that this craft uses real leaves, but you can easily substitute them for fake leaves. This will let them last longer than real leaves.
- toilet paper roll
- brown paper
- googly eyes
- yellow paper
- Wrap the brown paper around the toilet paper roll. Glue it on and let it dry.
- Glue on white school onto the lower part of the toilet paper. Start applying the leaves onto the glue, starting with the smallest ones. Continue adding layers of leaves.
- Glue the googly eyes and beak onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
Final Thoughts On Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
I hope this article has inspired to start making toilet paper roll crafts with your family. As you can see, there are many different toilet paper roll crafts that you can make with your family. Some of them come in handy, such as the toilet paper roll extension cord holder, while others are simply fun to make. Hopefully, you found a craft or two that your family would be interested in making. Have fun!
Related Article: 5 Easy Fall Crafts You Can Do With Your Kids