Are you shopping for a high chair? Well, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve put together a guide that will help you find the high chair that will best meet your family’s needs. Back in the day, a high chair was a high chair. But nowadays, you have so many options to consider. I hope that this guide will help make your high chair shopping experience simple and efficient. Click on the individual review buttons below to read our intricate reviews for each baby high chair.
Here Are The Best Baby High Chairs!
Baby Trend Sit Right High Chair
Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Convertible High Chair Seating System
Ingenuity Trio 3-in-1 Ridgedale High Chair
Evenflo Convertible High Chair
Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Total Clean High Chair
Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair With Tray
JOOVY Foodoo High Chair
BABYBJORN High Chair
ciao! Baby Portable High Chair
Inglesina USA Gusto Highchair
Types of High Chairs
This is the type that you most likely had as a baby. They are big and comfortable. One downside is that they do take up a lot of space. They are also harder to transport if you need to take your high chair with you on trips and vacations.
Contemporary high chairs often look sleek and stylish. They are packed with different features that have the latest trends and design technologies.
Space saver high chairs often provide most of the features of a regular sized high chair, with the feature of saving space. They are similar to a travel high chair in that they are compact.
Convertible high chairs offer different seating positions that will change as your child grows.
Great for families on the move, a travel high chair is built to do just what the name says, travel. This type will fold up small so you can transport it more easily.
Hook-on high chairs will hook onto a table rather than attach to a chair. Hook-on chairs are usually very compact and are easy to transport. Be aware that this type will not fit every table.
This type is one of the most lightweight high chairs of all. Because it lacks a frame, it can be packed in a diaper bag or purse. A fabric high chair is made entirely from material. It is made to hook around an adult sized chair.
For the family of twins, there is no need to have two separate high chairs. A twin high chair is made to hold and support two babies.
Grow With Me
The nicest thing about the Grow With Me seats is the money you will save by buying just one high chair instead of multiples as your child grows. This high chair can be used for infants. Then it can switch to an upright seat, before switching to a toddler booster seat. Finally, it will transform into a youth chair that will pull under the table.
Multipurpose/Modular High Chairs
Modular high chairs include several parts that you stack on top of one another. They most often can be used as a high chair buckled into an adult chair, a booster seat, or a youth chair.
Main Features of High Chairs
The top feature that you will want to look at is the safety feature. You are going to want a sturdy and safe chair for your little one to eat in. Make sure that the high chair you choose has some type of harness system so that your baby does not fall out or climb out. Also make sure that the seat does not wobble at all.
Trays that detach will be easier to clean. And believe me, cleaning is something that you will do often with a high chair and a child who is learning to get food from their plate into their mouth.
Ease of Cleaning
Much like a detachable tray, you will want to buy a high chair that can be cleaned easily. Watch for places that food can get trapped easily. You aren’t going to want a chair that can trap food or drinks in small crevices. Also, shop for a high chair that has fabric that can be removed and is machine washable.
A seat that has a adjustable chair height will be more versatile than a stationary seat.
Your baby will let you know if he or she isn’t comfortable. You won’t want to find out that a high chair is uncomfortable after you get it and set it up. Look for well-padded seats and try to imagine your child in the seat before you purchase it.
Wheels are going to help you maneuver the high chair where you’d like it to go. It’s going to be much easier to move a high chair with wheels than one without wheels.
When Do You Need A High Chair?
You will want to have a high chair ready when your baby is ready for solid foods. A high chair is going to make eating much easier when you start feeding your baby solid foods.
Things To Consider Before Buying
Do you have a budget for a high chair? If so, shop only the chairs that are within your means or budget.
Size and Age of Child:
Make sure to buy a high chair that will fit your child now and for a decent amount of time into the future.
Do you plan on keeping this high chair in your dining room or kitchen? Or would you rather have a chair that is more portable? Do you see yourself moving it from room to room or it just staying in one place? These are all good questions to ask yourself and consider.
There are some fun and fashionable chairs out there. If you are wanting a chair to match your decor, keep that in mind while shopping.
While you are at it, you might want to purchase some additional items while shopping for a high chair. Several washable bibs will keep your child’s clothes relatively clean while eating. You may also want to purchase age appropriate utensils, bowls, and plates. Some people like to purchase a pad that goes under the chair to catch all of those spills and things that your child may throw over the edge of the tray.
- Make sure your high chair doesn’t wobble. Give it a shake as a test.
- If you are buying a folding chair, make sure that it locks into place when set up.
- Don’t place the high chair too close to the table. Don’t give your child the chance to pull or push against the table and throw themselves off balance.
- Do not leave your child unattended in a high chair.
- Make sure that the high chair has some type of harness system so that your child doesn’t fall or climb out.
- Easy wipe seat makes all that baby goo simple to clean
- Folds flat and stands on its own, making it easy to hide away
- Compact fold great for taking on the go
- Blossom 6-in-1 Highchair easily converts from an infant highchair with recline - to a traditional baby high chair - to an infant booster - to a toddler booster - to a youth chair and you to seat two kids at once
- Multiple options for seating 2 children simultaneously: 1. Use the highchair and toddler booster, 2. Use the infant booster and youth stool, 3. Use the toddler booster and youth stool
- 6 height adjustments and 3 recline positions help adjust baby for easy feedings
- 7 growing stages even include a toddler table and chair: Infant high chair, fully featured, infant booster, portable toddler booster, toddler youth chair, toddler table & chair, seat two children simultaneously
- Infant high chair reclines to provide a comfortable space for baby; Infant Booster brings baby right up to the table
- The highchair becomes a toddler sized table and chair; Toddler Chair and Booster Chair allow you to seat 2 children simultaneously
- All the features of a full size high chair in half the space
- Infant high chair and toddler booster in one: Customize with 2 height adjustments and 3 recline positions
- Dishwasher safe seat, tray and bonus tray insert for easy cleanup
- For use by a child who can sit upright unassisted
- Booster high chair has 6 heights, and 3 recline adjustments
- Dishwasher safe tray has 3-positions, and operates with 1-hand
I hope that this guide to buying a high chair helps you as you look to purchase one in the future. Remember to think safety first. Then think about the features that you’d like. Consider if you’d like to travel with it or if you want it to stay in one place. Is the decor and style of the high chair important to you? There are a lot of nice and safe high chairs on the market. Feel free to read through all of our individual reviews that are listed on the table above. I wish you well in finding the perfect high chair to fit your family’s needs.
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 07:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API