Are you looking to purchase a springform pan? Want to make your desserts come to life? You’re in luck! Today we are reviewing the top ten springform pans on the market today. I hope that this can make your shopping process a little bit easier. For more information, click on the individual reviews on our table. This will give you a comprehensive review of each product individually.
Here Are the Best Springform Pans!
Nordic Ware Leakproof Springform Pan
Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake Pan Springform Pan with Removable Bottom
Wilton Excelle Elite 6 x 2-3/4 Inch Springform Pan
Oneida 3pc Non-Stick Springform Pan Set
Wilberry Springform Pans Sets of 3
Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
Kaiser Bakeware LaForme Plus 9-Inch Springform Pan
Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Round Springform Pan
HUELE 7 Inch Non Stick Round Springform Cake Pan
Good Cook Premium Nonstick Leak-proof 3 Piece Springform Pan Set
What is a Springform Pan?
A springform pan is a type of bakeware that has sides that can be removed from the base of the pan. Springform refers to the construction style of this type of pan. The sides and base are totally separate pieces that are held together when the base is in line with a groove that goes around the bottom of the walls. The pan is secured by a latch on the outside of the wall. This tightens the belt that becomes the walls of the pans. The latch also secures the base into the groove and base of the walls.
Best Uses for Springform Pans
- Graham cracker crust desserts
- Any delicate dessert
Important Features/Parts of Springform Pans
The most common shape of a springform pan is the nine-inch round. There are, however, small circular pans, squares, rectangles, and even heart-shaped springform pans. Springform pans come in a variety of materials. Some of the most common materials of springform pans are anodized aluminum, heavy-gauge, steel, and glass. Springform pans often have optional features such as non-stick surfaces and waterproof seals around the base.
Springform Pans Are Made from Different Materials
This is a great conductor of heat, and aluminum is known for helping foods to bake evenly. On the downside, many aluminum pans are not dishwasher safe.
This material is super durable and also dishwasher safe. So what’s not to love about stainless steel springform pans? Stainless steel doesn’t have the same heat conduction skills as aluminum.
Silicone is easy to clean. In addition to being oven safe, it’s also microwave and freezer safe. So is there a downside to silicone springform pans? Yes, silicone is flexible which means if you aren’t extra careful when you take your dessert out of the oven, it could crack or break your cake.
Yes, you are reading that correctly. There are even oven-safe paper pans out there. The great thing about them is also the downside. And that is that you can only use them once. While it makes clean up easy, you will need to buy another paper pan when you are finished.
Pros and Cons of Springform Pans
- Remove delicate dishes easily
- Come in several shapes and sizes to choose from
- Won’t crack or destroy your dessert
- Non-stick surfaces can start to fail over time
- Multiple parts to clean instead of one big pan
Will a Springform Pan Replace a Regular Pan?
A springform pan is made to do a certain job and do it well. It’s not made to replace a regular pan, but instead to be used when a regular pan won’t work as well for your task at hand. Nothing works quite as well as a springform pan when it comes to removing easily fragile cakes from a pan. But you are still going to want a regular pan for things like scrambling eggs and other basic needs. Springform pans are great for desserts, but not so great for browning meat.
Tips for Cleaning a Springform Pans
Here’s the good news for you people that have dishwasher, you should be able to wash your springform pan in the dishwasher. Of course, each manufacturer and each material is different, but for the most part, springform pans can go into the dishwasher. Make sure to double check the directions on the springform pan that you buy first. You normally can wash these pans just like you would any other pan. If hand washing, use hot soapy water, and sometimes elbow grease when needed. For the ring part, though, this is what Martha Stewart recommends,
“It’s best to wash the ring by hand, as it can become misshapen in the dishwasher. For quick cleanup, line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.
Why Is a Springform Pan Designed So Uniquely?
A springform pan is designed the way it is so baked dishes can be easily inverted and removed from the pan. Some recipes call for springform pans to include cheesecakes and tortes. Delicate dishes that contain graham cracker crusts lend themselves to being baked in springform pans. This type of pan is also used when preparing pizzas, quiches, and frozen desserts.
- HEALTHY COATING: Our Non-stick coating is a food grade safety coating with no harsh chemicals or hazardous substances. The true double layer coating allows the cake be easily removed without damage. Avoid making it difficult to clean the cake because it sticks to the pan or leaves a lot of cake residue.
- THE STAINLESS SPRINGFORM BUCKLE PROVIDES SMOOTH, EASY RELEASE: The stainless steel springform buckle has been upgraded which is stronger and easier to switch but will not fall off or crack, allowing the cake to be pulled out perfectly with little effort.
- INCLUDE 50 PIECES OF PARCHMENT PAPER: If you are a fan of traditional baking, congratulations, the parchment paper will bring back the traditional baking experience. To prevent the cake from sticking to the chassis, combine with other designs to remove the perfect cake while also sucking away excess oil, less oil means less fat and better health.
- PROFESSIONAL SPRINGFORM PAN SET includes 4 piece non-stick pans (4 inch, 7 inch, 9 inch, 10 inch)With Grips.
- PERFECT FOR MAKING ALL YOUR FAVORITES like cheesecake, mousse, quiche, coffee cake and so on, Great baking cheesecake pans for any people.
- NONSTICK & REMOVABLE BOTTOM Easy to release and clean up with the easy release Grips and removable bottom.
- PROFESSIONAL SPRINGFORM PAN SET includes 3 piece non-stick pans (6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch) and 6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch parchment paper liners (each size has 50 pieces).
- PERFECT FOR MAKING ALL YOUR FAVORITES like cheesecake, mousse, quiche, coffee cake and any similar recipe where you can't turn the pan upside down to remove the cake. These pans can be used to create beautiful three layer cakes suited for any occasion.
- TRUE DOUBLE LAYER NON-STICK COATING makes it a breeze to remove cakes. No flowering needed. Never again damage a cake because part of it stuck to the pan. Much easier to clean this pan. Hand washing recommended. The coating is safe and healthy with no harsh chemicals or hazardous substances.
- Heavy guage 1-mm aluminized steel construction for even heating
- Whitford xylan non-stick interior and exterior for easy release and cleanup
- Thick rolled edges prevent warping
- Make cheesecakes, deep dish pizzas and more in this durable springform pan
- Made of steel; reinforced non-stick coating for easy release and quick cleanup
- 10 in. dia. x 2.75 in. (25.4 cm diam x 6.9 cm)
Springform pans are a great invention that allow you to take delicate cakes out of their pans without cracking or destroying the cakes. They come in aluminum, stainless steel, silicone, and even paper. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages. While a springform pan won’t take the place of a regular pan for all of your cooking needs, it sure helps to have for those delicately baked dishes. I hope that this article helps you to learn a little more about springform pans. I hope that it makes cooking time in your house much easier!
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API