Shopping around for a great teething necklace? We have got you covered.
One of the aches and pains of raising a child is really felt once your child starts teething. The teething process can be very difficult, frustrating, and even painful for your little one. While it is rather exciting when your baby's first teeth make their debut, it can also be tough to get through as well. For many moms who have teething babies, it doesn't take long to start looking for relief for their baby. One of the more common methods of relief is using a teething necklace. Today, we will go over what a teething necklace is, and whether or not it can be an option for your child. Along with that, we have listed some of our favorite teething necklaces on the market today.
What Is a Teething Necklace?
Teething necklaces really started making their mark on the baby world just a couple of years ago. Ever since they made their debut, moms and babies all over have fallen in love with them. A teething necklace is essential a necklace that your baby wears around their neck and chews on. Teething necklaces can be made from a range of materials. The most common include wood, silicone, and amber. The goal with teething necklaces is all the same, however. When your baby chews on a teething necklace, they essentially give their gums a message. This massage can help ease some of the discomfort associated with teething.
When Can My Baby Start Using a Teething Necklace?
For the most part, your baby can begin chewing on a necklace the moment they begin showing signs of teething. It should be noted however that there are teething necklaces designed for babies of specific ages. Before you give your child a teething necklace you want to make sure that it is age appropriate first.
Different Types of Teething Necklaces
When it comes to the material of a teething necklace, there are different types you can choose from. One of the most common types of teething necklaces is made out of food grade silicone. When your baby rubs their gums against this silicone, it gives off a soothing massage that helps calm them down.
Another popular material used in teething necklaces is amber. Amber teething necklaces are great for babies because they offer a holistic and natural approach to teething. Many amber necklaces provide natural pain relief. When your baby chews on the amber, their bodies warmth encourages trace amounts of succinic acid to be released. This acid then gets absorbed by the body where it helps to relieve your baby from their pain.
Are Teething Necklaces Safe?
For many parents, giving your child a beaded necklace might not seem like the best idea in the world. However, properly made teething necklaces are safe for the most part. The number one thing that you want to look out for is that the product you are using is actually a teething necklace. Any other necklace has the ability to break apart and then become a choking hazard for your child. Along with this, if you are using an amber teething necklace, then you want to make sure that the beads are actual amber stones. Finally, never make your own teething necklace at home. Making your own teething necklace allows your baby an opportunity to choke if the necklace is not made properly.
Our Pick of Great Teething Necklaces
If teething necklaces are something that you are interested in, then we have done the heavy work for you. Here are some of our favorites that are on the market today.
1. Baltic Amber Teething Necklace
The Baltic Amber Teething Necklace is a great teething necklace that is perfect for babies who are beginning the teething process. The stones on this amber necklace are 100% real Baltic amber. Because of this, this amber teething necklace contains succinic acid that will provide natural relief. Along with this, the amber stones offer immune system building properties.
Not only is this necklace great for helping your baby find relief from teething, but it also has some other benefits too. If your baby is unusually fussy, then chewing and playing with this necklace can help calm them down. Along with that, the Baltic amber teething necklace is great for colic and gas relief too. When it comes to this safety of this necklace, it is safely knotted with amber beads and handcrafted with high-quality standards. If you are not satisfied with this necklace, then you will be pleased to know that it comes with a one-year guarantee.
As far as the design goes, this necklace is 33 cm long and absolutely gorgeous. It's not bulky like many teething necklaces are it is perfect when it comes to trying to find a teething necklace that can also double up as an accessory.
- Anti-inflammatory & Succinic Acid Immune System Boosting Properties. 100% Made Of Real Baltic Amber.
- Perfect for Teething Relief, Drooling & Fussiness Reduce. Also help for Colic & Gas Relief.
- Safety knotted (Amber Bead), Hand Crafted with the Highest Quality Standard on the Market.
2. Chew Choos Playdate Silicone Teething Necklace
Next teething necklace is great if your baby does not like the amber teething necklaces. The Choo Chews Playdate Silicone Teething Necklace is made out of food grade organic silicone. This means that it is free from toxic BPA's, phthalates, cadmium, lead, or latex. This teething necklace is great for several reasons. For starters the look is fabulous. The different colored beads are sure to get your child's attention when they are feeling fussy. not only that, but the size of the beads are great for chewing on. The beads are not big and bulky, rather they are small enough to go into your baby's mouth without too much difficulty.
This teething necklace offers your baby soothing relief because of the silicone material. The texture not only helps your baby give them a nice massage, but the textured helps reduce drooling as well. What we love about this teething necklace is the fact that you can give it to your child at room temperature or freeze it and give it to them cold. When you freeze it, you give your child the opportunity to numb their gums so that they do not feel too much irritation.
- Made from the best food-grade organic silicone. Just like vulli sophie la giraffe teething toy, it is free from toxic BPAs, phthalates, cadmium, lead, or latex
- Soothing relief: The soft yet firm texture helps reduce drooling. Natural method to manage teething pain and tenderness. Can be frozen or cooled just like traditional teethers.
- Baby shower gift idea: Best accessory for wearing baby wrap; entertains curious nurslings who might otherwise pull hair and scratch. No one will guess its dual purpose as a droolery piece since it is equally fashionable.
3. BEBE by Me Teething Necklace
This next teething necklace is not so traditional because of its look. This next teething necklace comes with an only limited amount of beads. Instead of several beads that are all the same shape and size, this necklace takes a different approach. You will find three hard and soft and chewy levels when it comes to the beads. The different ranges in material and toughness mean that your baby will have options. Your baby can choose whether or not they want to teeth on something softer, something harder, or something cushier. This range of options can be super beneficial when one teething necklace simply does not seem to be doing the job.
This teething necklace is made out of standard food grade silicone that is free of any toxins as well as any BPA's. Along with this, we love that this teething necklace is made with a very unique design. Even if your baby is not teething, they will be attracted to the design and play with it regardless.
- World's First and Only teether with 3 Hard / Soft / Chewy levels
- EXCLUSIVE: multiple HARD, SOFT and CUSHY beads ALL-in-one necklace
- UPGRADED clasp: Latest batch will have our new clasp which is 3x stronger than the old one in the pictures
4. Barvinok Wooden Teething Necklace
This next teething necklace is great for so many reasons. For starters it is organic. The materials used in this teething necklace are 100% natural and are absolutely safe for moms to wear and for kids to nibble on. This teething necklace consists of wooden beads as well as a hundred percent cotton yarn. You do not have to worry about any harmful materials or chemicals used when your baby is chewing on this necklace.
Because there are different materials used, your baby has a choice when it comes to teething. The wooden portion is great because it offers a soft yet firm place for your child to dig their gums into. Not only that, but the texture is amazing. The rippled beads allow your child a great opportunity to get their gums massaged. Finally, we love that this teething necklace is simply beautiful. You can wear it or your child can wear it and no one will ever know that you have a teething necklace on. For a great-looking teething necklace that has a unique design, this necklace can be a great option to go with.
- ORGANIC! - Of course, your child deserves the best. Baby teething necklaces from our company are made of natural materials, thus they are absolutely safe for mums to wear and for kids to play with. Along with wooden details, our teething baby necklaces contain beads of 100% cotton yarn. The eco-friendly wooden teething necklace that you need for your baby is here!
- AMAZING QUALITY! - Every teething necklace in our shop is a hand-made product. The wooden necklaces are carefully designed in order to satisfy both, the mum and the baby. Also, we create baby teething necklaces in a safe way by mums for mums. As the result, teething necklaces for babies from our company are the ones your mum would have bought for you as a baby!
- SUPER DECORATION & GIFT FOR MUMS - A wooden teething necklace and a crochet teething necklace are available in our shop and can be used as both, toys for babies and a unique decoration for mums. Mum can choose a wooden teething necklace to suit her dress or hat, while a child could be involved in playing with it. Thus, the mum is made beautiful and the baby is learning through playing. Every client receives a pair of earrings as a bonus to the order!
5. Ruby Roo Silicone Teething Necklace
This next teething necklace is so beautiful you might find yourself wearing it as an accessory Instead. This teething necklace is 100% free of any BPA's. It is made out of food-grade silicone beads that meet both US and European standards for baby and toy safety. Not only that but it is dishwasher safe, so you are sure to keep your teething necklace clean without much effort.
These safe non-toxic beads give your baby instant pain relief. We love that this necklace has beads that come in different shapes and sizes. This allows your baby the opportunity to find relief by changing up the beads they chew on. When it comes to safety, this necklace is spot-on. The beads are knotted securely so you can be sure that they will never slip off. Along with that, this necklace offers an easy clasp that allows you to put on and take off this necklace with ease. Finally, we love that you can chill this teething necklace for extra relief too. When your baby nibbles on this teething necklace when it is cold, it will offer their gums some numbing that will help alleviate some of their pain.
- SAFE. 100% BPA-Free! Food Grade Silicone Beads. Meets US and European standards for BABY and TOY SAFETY. Dishwasher safe to keep baby germ free.
- MOMS AND BABIES LOVE IT! Rated 4.9/5 Stars! Soft non-toxic beads help stop teething pain. Chill it for extra soothing power! Get natural pain relief without dangerous teething gel or medicines. Can't be dropped like teether toys! Eco-friendly reusable packaging protects necklace when not in use.
- SAFETY FIRST. Break-away clasp and individually-knotted beads for safety. Alternative to Baltic amber necklaces, freezer teething rings, chew keys, and teether toys.
Having a teething baby is undoubtedly one of the downsides of parenting. However, when you find the right product, it is a growing pain that you and your baby can overcome. Check out some of these latest teething necklaces that are on the market if your baby is going through the teething phase. Your little one is sure to find some relief sooner rather than later.
Related Article: Baby Toothpaste to Keep Your Baby's Pearly Whites Sparkling