Are you shopping for a pregnancy belt? You have come to the right place! Today I will be going over the top ten best pregnancy belts, as well as tips for choosing the right one for you. A pregnancy belt, also called a belly band, maternity belt, and pregnancy support belt, can help support your stomach so that you feel less strain on your back muscles. I hope this article helps you choose the perfect pregnancy belt that will fit your needs.
Here Are The Best Pregnancy Belts of 2018!
AZMED Maternity Belt
MATTERNA Pregnancy Belt, Maternity Belly Support Band
Comfy Mom Maternity Belt, Maternity Belly Band
NeoTech Care Brand Maternity Belt
Maternity Belt by Thrival
GABRIALLA Elastic Maternity Belt
LucyVee Maternity Belt
NeoTech Care Maternity Pregnancy Support Belt/Brace
JILL & JOEY Belly Band for Pregnancy
Types Of Pregnancy Belts
The purpose of a pregnancy belt is too support your stomach and take away the strain in your back muscles. However, if you choose the wrong pregnancy belt, you can actually do more harm than good. For example, if you buy a pregnancy belt that is too tight, it may interfere with your baby’s growth. A tight pregnancy belt will also feel tight on you and may make breathing more difficult. But if you get a pregnancy belt that’s too large, you won’t get the support that pregnancy belts offer.
It is important to understand that pregnancy belts come in a lot of different sizes. There are pregnancy belts for the most petite moms, as well as pregnancy belts for larger moms. In other words, pregnancy belts come in sizes extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large. Besides coming in different sizes, pregnancy belts also come in different types. The three main types of pregnancy belts are the simple pregnancy belt, the pregnancy belt with extra support, and the prenatal cradle. I’ll go over each type in more detail below.
Type #1: Simple Pregnancy Belt
The simple pregnancy belt has a very simple design, hence the name. It is a simple one-piece belt that is made from an elasticated material. It usually fastens using Velcro or hooks and eyes. Although it has a simple design, this maternity belt is very supportive. In addition to that, it is also invisible under clothing. The other pregnancy belts are rather large and can be seen under most clothing. There are not many cons about this type, other than the fact that pregnancy belts can harm the baby if they are too tight and you may need to buy multiple pregnancy belts as your stomach expands.
Type #2: Pregnancy Belt With Extra Support
If you are needing additional support during pregnancy, this type may fit your needs. It is similar to the previous pregnancy belt, except that it has a strap going over the stomach as well. Some people have said that this can be uncomfortable to wear when sitting down. But when standing up, this pregnancy belt has been rated the most comfortable pregnancy belt. It provides the extra support you need when standing, so if you happen to stand a lot at work, this type may fit your needs.
Type #3: Prenatal Cradle
The prenatal cradle is the most supportive pregnancy belt. It helps spread the extra weight of pregnancy to other parts of the body such as the shoulders and upper back. This brings relief from back pain and they are especially helpful if you are suffering from hip separation or pelvic girdle pain (PGP). A prenatal cradle can also be used after birth and is particularly good if you have had a cesarean section. The main disadvantages of this type are that it shows underneath clothes, it is more complicated to get on, and it will be putting more pressure on your shoulders.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Pregnancy Belt
Now that you understand the different types of pregnancy belly support bands, it is time to take a look at some considerations you should ask yourself. Like I have already stated, if you buy the wrong pregnancy belt you can actually do more harm than good. To help you buy the best pregnancy belt for your needs, I have included some questions below for you to ask yourself.
What Size Do You Need?
Consider what size pregnancy belt you need. As I said earlier, pregnancy belts come in many different sizes. If you are in your first trimester, you’ll probably only need a small pregnancy belt. If you are in your second or third trimester, you’ll probably need a large pregnancy belt. However, each woman is unique and may take a special size. If you are a plus-size mom, you may need an extra large pregnancy belt. But if your baby belly is small even in the third trimester, you may be able to get by with a small or medium pregnancy belt.
Do You Have Any Medical Issues?
Such issues could include compromised circulation or abnormal blood pressure, which are both two symptoms that doctors recommend not to wear a pregnancy belt if you have them. However, if you have Pelvic Girdle Pain and Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction, a maternity belt can be very helpful. A pregnancy belt will help take away the pain in pelvic girdle pain, as it helps support your stomach weight. If you have any other heath issues, make sure to ask your doctor before trying a pregnancy belt.
Are You Experiencing Back Pain?
It is normal to experience back pain during pregnancy, but you must consider if you actually need a pregnancy belt to relieve your back pain. Is your back pain severe? Is your baby belly large enough for a pregnancy belly to help take the strain off your back? Perhaps you want to try a few home remedies for back pain during pregnancy first before you spend money on a pregnancy belt.
Questions To Ask Before Buying A Pregnancy Belt
Besides the considerations that I’ve given you above, you’ll also want to ask yourself some questions before buying a pregnancy belt. By asking yourself these questions, you’ll get the most out of your pregnancy belt. Here is a list of questions to ask yourself, as well as the answers.
Q: Can I wear my pregnancy belt all day?
A: Unfortunately, wearing a pregnancy belt all day long can be harmful to your baby. Wearing the belt for too long will cause you to depend on your abdominal muscles, and weaken your lower body muscles. It can also cause high blood pressure as it may negatively affect the blood circulation in the body. Because of the high blood pressure, you may experience heartburn during pregnancy and indigestion. A pregnancy belt can also interfere with your child’s growth if it is worn too long. It is recommended to only wear your maternity belt a couple hours a day.
Q: Can I use my pregnancy belt after pregnancy as a postpartum band?
A: Yes, many people choose to continue wearing their pregnancy belt after having their baby. A maternity belt is very similar to a postpartum band, and the results are the same. Using your pregnancy belt as a postpartum band will save you money from buying another belly band.
Q: Can I exercise in my pregnancy belt?
A: Yes, you can exercise in your pregnancy belt. A pregnancy belt will help support your stomach while you exercise, and therefore help you to exercise without having back pain. The best way to workout with a pregnancy belt is to wear it over your clothes. That way the pregnancy belt won’t get sweaty and it won’t rub against your skin.
Why Are Pregnancy Belts Awesome/Valuable?
Now it is time to take a look at the many reasons why pregnancy belts are great to try. From supporting your stomach to taking away back pain, pregnancy belts are valuable in many ways. Let’s take a look at some reasons why you should buy a maternity belt for your pregnancy.
They Take Away Back Pain
The best feature of a pregnancy belt is that it takes away back pain. Back pain during pregnancy can be uncomfortable and painful, so you want to get as much relief from the pain as you can get. The reason why a pregnancy belt helps with back pain is because it helps support the weight of your stomach.
Pregnancy Belts Can Be Used As a Postpartum Band
Save money after your baby is born and use your pregnancy belt as a postpartum band. Not only does this save on money, but a pregnancy belt is just as effective as a postpartum band. It helps your stomach return to its original size before pregnancy. A pregnancy belt can also be beneficial to women who have experienced a separation of the abdominal muscles by physically bringing the abdominal muscles back together. Remember to continue exercising when wearing your pregnancy belt, because exercise will help return your stomach to its original shape the most.
They Help You Keep Good Posture
Good posture during pregnancy is very important. With your expanding baby belly in the front, it can be tempting to lean forward. Not only can this increase back pain, but it can also cause you to fall over and get hurt. By supporting the lower back and torso, pregnancy belts encourage correct posture and prevent over-extension of the lower back.
- Provides Gentle Compression - Supports the abdominal area and helps ease the discomfort of pregnancy by supporting your baby bump. Made from soft, lightweight materials, nobody will notice you're wearing one.
- Reduces Pregnancy Pains - This elastic maternity belt gives support for pregnant women who seek relief from hip and pelvic pains and other common stretching pains during pregnancy. Provides the lift you need to keep up with daily activities while correcting your posture and supporting abdominal muscles.
- Relieves Lower Back Pain - This belly wrap supports the excess pregnancy weight to prevent straining your back by lessening spinal pressure effectively. It gives enough stretch and compression to reduce bladder pressure and distribute baby's weight more evenly.
- ★ Proper posture - Maternity Support Belt gives great support and offers relieve lower back pain, protect your back from daily activities, prevent over-extension of the lower back and correct siting posture during your entire pregnancy.
- ★ Two in one - The pregnancy belt gives you the right amount of compression and support throughout all stages of your pregnancy. And what's more, it will be good partner for your to reshape your body, belly, crotch after postpartum.
- ★ Release Your Hands - You can easy take on and off by yourself in few seconds.Our pregnancy belt support band helps you keep up with your daily activities at the office, at home and even when you exercise or workout.
- See 2nd product picture for how to measure then refer to size chart in product description; Measure from around your lower back to under your belly; Do not choose according to your maternity pants or trousers
- Fully adjustable to accommodate abdominal growth throughout pregnancy; Features new reinforced hooks and loops fabric fasteners
- Breathable fabric constructed of a multilayered laminate with an elastic lining
- ✿ Gives support and offers relieve lower back pain from discomfort, protect your back from daily activities.
- ✿ Keep back straight and correct siting posture during your entire pregnancy, especially during the second and third trimesters.
- ✿ Breathable polyster fiber material ideal for active users,keep you cool and comfortable in all circumstances even summer.
- 360 Ergonomic Support - Our Maternity Belly Band for Pregnancy is designed to help evenly distribute weight around your hip and pelvis, to provide optimum support for your pregnancy belly. Helps to support your abdominal muscles during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Soft and Breathable - Pregnancy causes your body to heat up easily. That's why we use soft, breathable and high-quality mesh to give you the best comfort throughout the day. It is easy to use and adjusted for your comfort, you may even forget that you’re wearing it! Quality matters when it comes to simplicity. We have your back on this.
- Ease Pregnancy Pains - Designed to provide gentle compression around your hips, the Pregnancy Maternity Belt will correct your posture to ease lower back pains, pelvic floor pains and round ligament pains. Gives you more comfort and confidence to face the day!
We have now covered everything about pregnancy belly support bands, from the different types to considerations, from questions to ask yourself and reasons why pregnancy belts are valuable. The last thing we must go over are common questions. These are simple questions along with their answers that many people have asked about pregnancy belts.
Q: Can I sleep with a belly band on?
A: Although many women have done it, it is not recommended to sleep with a belly band on. This is because it is recommended to wear a maternity belt for only a few hours per day. However, some experts have said that pregnancy belly support bands can be worn for up to 8 hours, which is as many hours as you should sleep. Ask your doctor if you can wear your pregnancy belt while you sleep.
Q: Should my maternity support belt go over my clothes?
A: This question is totally up to you to answer. Many women have found it uncomfortable to wear the pregnancy belt against their skin. However, many pregnancy belts are made to go against the skin so that you can wear your clothing just like you did before pregnancy.
Q: Does a pregnancy belt help prevent stretch marks?
A: Unfortunately, a pregnancy belt does not help prevent stretch marks. There aren’t many things that can prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. Just remember to gain weight wisely and continue exercising.
I hope this article has helped you understand more about pregnancy belts. In this article, I went over the top ten best belly bands, as well as the different types, considerations, questions to ask, reasons why you should try a belly band, and common questions about them. Hopefully you will find a pregnancy belt that will fit your needs. Best of luck!
Related Article: Your Ultimate Guide To The Best Everyday Slings For Pregnancy
Last update on 2020-10-16 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API